Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oracle Linux 8 Now Available From The Microsoft Store

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oracle Linux 8 Now Available From The Microsoft Store

    Phoronix: Oracle Linux 8 Now Available From The Microsoft Store

    For use with Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), Oracle this week released Oracle Linux 8.5 onto the Microsoft Store...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...icrosoft-Store

  • #2
    Hmmm....

    Meanwhile the RGB driver for my CPU's heat sync has a 118.17 MB download

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Hmmm....

      Meanwhile the RGB driver for my CPU's heat sync has a 118.17 MB download
      Sounds about the size of a slimmed down installer (since installers are so insanely bloated nowadays)

      Comment


      • #4
        "Linux available from Microsoft store".

        The title reads like some dystopian novel, lol.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          "Linux available from Microsoft store".

          The title reads like some dystopian novel, lol.
          microsoft is working hard to turn linux into an app

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by middy View Post
            microsoft is working hard to turn linux into an app
            Maybe people more expert than me can weigh in, but I'd say that Linux already is, and without Microsoft having to work all that hard.
            I mean, most of Linux instances are containers...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

              Maybe people more expert than me can weigh in, but I'd say that Linux already is, and without Microsoft having to work all that hard.
              I mean, most of Linux instances are containers...
              yes, they're containerized Linux instances running on... Linux anyway

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brad0 View Post

                Sounds about the size of a slimmed down installer (since installers are so insanely bloated nowadays)
                Finally something Oracle did right, then?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cynic View Post

                  yes, they're containerized Linux instances running on... Linux anyway
                  I feel a new ‘Yo dawg!’ might be coming within the next 24 hours.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                    I feel a new ‘Yo dawg!’ might be coming within the next 24 hours.
                    Screw it:

                    Yo dawg! I heard you liked Linux so I installed an Ubuntu Docker container in an Arch Linux chroot in a FreeBSD jail in an Oracle Linux WSL2 container in a Windows 11 QEMU image in a Windows 10 VMWare image in CentOS Stream KVM in Rocky Linux.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X