Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreich
    replied
    Is solaris more dead than illumos or is it the other way around?

Leave a comment:

• gojul
    replied
    Looks more and more like Solaris is dead. The fact that Oracle killed its open source community (and does a lot of harm to Java as well) is clearly related to this.

Leave a comment:

• DarkCloud
    replied
    My heyday for Solaris was 2.3 running on a Sparc 10

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Basically it's reiterating that Solaris 11.4 will be sticking to a continuous delivery model moving forward.
    That seems to be a good enough reason to bump the version up to 12...unless they're trying to keep Oracle Solaris low-key so companies will focus more on Oracle Linux.

Sidenote: Did anyone else ROFL when they saw the news saying that Oracle and Walmart are buying into TikTok to keep it available in America?

Because I know that I totally trust Walmart, one of the main companies that got laws passed to move our manufacturing jobs to China so I could save 3 cents on underwear and directly made China the threat they are, to be accountable with random peoples' private data and to not sell our data off to the highest bidder like Facebook and Google do.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle To Stick With Solaris "11.4" For Continuous Delivery SRU Releases

Phoronix: Oracle To Stick With Solaris "11.4" For Continuous Delivery SRU Releases

With no new indications of Solaris 12 or Solaris 11.next and given the past layoffs and previous announcements from Oracle, today's statement that Solaris 11.4 will remain as their continuous delivery model with monthly SRU releases come as little surprise...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X