Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    table is a hash-table, but list interface to it starts counting from 1
    you can add element at zero index, but syntax is uglier and ipairs will ignore it while pairs will return it out of order. so you can add ugly zeroth element, but it will not be a list anymore
    Now I understood what you mean..
    yes with ipairs, you can't iterate from 0 included..

Any way, I don't really see the benefit( beyond pointers arithmetic.. ).

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
      And this completely irrelevant.
      Irrelevant to what?

Comment

Originally posted by vladpetric View Post
        My assertion is that the vast majority of the tools in /bin/ and /usr/bin are pure C, as opposed to C++, and ldd is a decent way to figure out which ones. That's it, really. You haven't actually made a real argument to the contrary.
        well, you are just unable to comprehend my arguments. gcc is written in c++ and it is not linked to libstdc++ in major mainstream distro which i happen to use. your clueless assertion fails reality check
        Originally posted by vladpetric View Post
        You assertion that Clearlinux (essentially the fastest, lowest overhead distro on x86) is not for grownups is absolutely comical.
        grownups can count not just some synthetic test time, but also for example their own time

Comment

Lol, sure, you can write like crap in C. Though as one who speaks C I would be deeply ashamed to get beaten by python like that. That would imply code been really awful. Well, so awful it sets quite a hallmark. Maybe extremely poor selection of algos or so. Though one shouldn't expect much from corporate stuff, it always overrated. Marketing promises it ultimate good. Truth usually means it ultimate crap.

Comment

Working...
          X