Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Solaris 11.4 Officially Released

Phoronix: Oracle Solaris 11.4 Officially Released

Two years after Solaris 11.3 and Oracle opting for a "continuous delivery" model of 11.next updates instead of a "Solaris 12", Solaris 11.4 is out the door today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Don't wait around for any performance benchmarks of Solaris 11.4 on Phoronix as their post-Sun license terms for Solaris still has, "disclose results of any benchmark test results related to the Programs without our prior consent."
    But doesn't that mean you can ask them to let you benchmark the OS?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

But doesn't that mean you can ask them to let you benchmark the OS?
      Tried before with Oracle, they would only let results they cherry-pick be made public (a.k.a. any results where they win).
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Tried before with Oracle, they would only let results they cherry-pick be made public (a.k.a. any results where they win).
        Benchmark against Oracle Linux. Guaranteed victory.

Comment

Solaris 11.4 is released; kebabbert and his 27 astroturfing alter-egos cheer.

Rest of the world: Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Originally posted by jabl View Post
            Solaris 11.4 is released; kebabbert and his 27 astroturfing alter-egos cheer.

Rest of the world: Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
            Kebabbert is no more. He was basing on invalid benchmarks: SAP results are not comparable.

Comment

Cannot update to it due to certificate issue, and looks like I'm not the only one in that case...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

But what if I do benchmarks with phoronix test suite and publish them here in forum? I live in a country where this clause won't stand in court.

Comment

Go ahead. It'd be interesting

Comment

We can start betting is this a last solaris, or there will be another final exhalation. I bet the former. Sad!

Comment

Working...
                    X