Dell Rolls Out New XPS 13 Laptop For 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grok View Post

I would argue for a lesser battery so that the laptop gets lighter! But get me right, this would be done by sacrificing performance and not with a Core-M either. Have a quad core Atom and an IPS display, even with 8GB/256GB configuration.
    Gives you fanless operation and a tiny cheaper more reliable PSU.

I woud want VGA out anyway (plus displayport) so here goes the minimum thickness. Keyboard easily removable because it's the first or only thing to break.
    I second the wish for 16:10 but also because there's 1440x900, on macbookair. That's still usable with no scaling. Or give me high quality 1366x768 if that exists at all.
    As someone that had to drag around a laptop for a bit, I know your pain brother. But the performance requirements varies from user to user, so your choice of CPU is not for everyone. As for a battery size, my opinion is if it is big enough for a day of hard use, you do not need to drag the power adapter with you, so less weight overall.

I remember a HP netbook with a Atom and a humongous big battery that some users swear by, since it lasted more than 10 hours at a time your typical machine could barely last three. And it was very light. Too bad today's craziness for slim form factors eradicated this type of machine. Maybe it was this model:

The design of the HP Mini 5102 is great for business users, but the high price doesn't buy you extra performance.

I believe that a ARM powered Chromebook with a large battery would make a lot of people happy, if they could get past the limited keyboard layout.

Comment

Working...
    X