Android-x86 7.1-rc2 Now Supports NVMe SSDs, Better QEMU VirGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
    Technically, it's not hardware issues when Windows 10 runs fine on the same hardware.
    Because in case of Windows Intel cares enough to implement workaround for this hardware issue. Actually they implemented workaround for Android too.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Because in case of Windows Intel cares enough to implement workaround for this hardware issue. Actually they implemented workaround for Android too.
      Did they really? It seems to regress on android-x86 and really any linux disro with every other release so I assumed it's a few odd patches that sorta half work half don't by some non-Intel devs maintaining their own hardware and such.

Anyhow, I'm currently reading through the Alpine docs regarding KVM and IGD pass-through. Looks easy enough. But I have no reason to think it will work...

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
        Did they really? It seems to regress on android-x86 and really any linux disro with every other release
        Yes, they really did it, but only for Android that preinstalled by vendors, and for Android-IA (not for Android x86 or upstream Linux).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          Yes, they really did it, but only for Android that preinstalled by vendors, and for Android-IA (not for Android x86 or upstream Linux).
          I'm aware of those and I still say it doesn't counts as a hardware bug if changing a few figures in the kernel drivers solves the issue without impacting performance. But I admit it's mostly semantics by now. In practice, it's a poorly documented unofficial errata they can't, or won't be bothered releasing.

Btw, I tried alpine but while the usb boots and installs fine to mmcblk the system fails to boot. I'm guessing the kernel wasn't compiled with eMMC modules and only boots from the USB thanks to the modloop dumping everything in the RAM before initrd actually gets a chance to fail. [Edit: Seems to be missing CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL... Really strange it even booted to the USB]. Regardless, I'm too lazy to check it out so I'll just leave it for someone who cares specifically about getting alpine working on their baytrail. I guess it's back to debian\arch and trying to blacklist i965 to see if I can get away without limiting the cstate max? Followed by testing IGD pass-through to KVM... Meh. Maybe later
          Last edited by c117152; 28 October 2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X