Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I really hope they use i.MX 8...
    No typos this time? Congrats Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
      In related news:

Microsoft finally admits Windows Phone is dead
      http://www.osnews.com/story/30038/Mi..._Phone_is_dead
      Keyword being: "developers, developers, developers".

Still kinda sad, it is still better than Android.
      Last edited by starshipeleven; 09 October 2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
        The phone is still a bit pricey. Not every freedom loving person will be able to afford freedom.
        It's just the beginning Hopefully we will see many many GNU/Linux phones shipping after this

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          I really hope they use i.MX 8...
          Yep. We need 64-bit. But what about etnaviv support?

Comment

The phone is still a bit pricey. Not every freedom loving person will be able to afford freedom.
            I was wondering what will they do if US government demands they put spyware like on Android and iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
              Great! I hope they will deliver what they promised. It would be great, if pure Linux would have made it to smartphones.

Though, there's a one thing Linux (and probably every OS) lacks regarding security. And, that's a simple & easy way to run apps in sandbox mode, ie. each app can access only its own data (and binary files / libraries). To access user data, a user will have to explicitly grant permission (confirmation dialog window shows up).
              Haven't you heard of Flatpak?
              There's also Snappy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I was wondering what will they do if US government demands they put spyware like on Android and iOS.
                If you can install the OS on device yourself, there is nothing they can do about it. Same question really can be asked about any FOSS distro.

Comment

Not their fault, these are actual device costs due to low numbers produced. If this device had a production run as large as even high-end Android phones its price would drop a lot.

Comment

Sailfish OS is still here. In a day or two they will release the xperia stuff.

Also congrats to LIbrem. Meeting the goal is one thing. Delivering is where its at.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      I would love to say this was unexpected, but it really was not. Growth was steady, and now that it's past the goal it's only going to spike.
                      They can probably reach 2 millions if not more.
                      It can still fail. Let's not forget how Pebble did last time.

Comment

Working...
                      X