Sailfish Coming To Sony Xperia Devices, Jala & Inoi R7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEW21 View Post

Yup. I had both the original Jolla phone and Xperia, never more.
    I still have an jolla phone and it works as expected.
    The only thing not working is that electronic ID in sweden wants google services to work and i don't want to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by LEW21 View Post

Yup. I had both the original Jolla phone and Xperia, never more.
      Just curious, what Xperia phone did you have?
      I'm personally quite happy with mine, as is my brother with his. (My previous phone, the Xperia P, was a bit under powered and not that well supported, though. The manufacturer of the soc splitting itself in two parts that didn't take any responsibility for previous products didn't help.)

Comment

I also still use my original Jolla daily. Too bad Android apps drain battery like crazy and hardware is seriously dated. Other than that- runs well enough.

But I'm not sure if I'll be buying a Sony and installing Jolla on it... I don't like Sony.

My next phone is likely to be OnePlus 3T. If Jolla runs on it, I might try to install it. If not, then not.

Comment

Let's hope some of this stuff finally comes to market and does so in volume rather than the pretty pitiful quantity of Jolla C phones that ever made it to market (and sold out in a matter of hours IIRC). Would have liked to see a device from HMD running SailfishOS, but I guess a Sony Xperia will do the job just fine.

I've been waiting on a high end Jolla phone with a Snapdragon 800-series or equivalent for some time and the XPeria Z5 does fit the bill with it's Snapdragon 810.

Comment

For me i mostly want a better camera.
            The Jolla JP-1301 has an ok camera but i better one would make me even happier.

Comment

Still have to original Jolla. I have a computer and camera for photography. Will keep Jolla for as long as it gets updates.

When your Android phone got updates?

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                Still have to original Jolla. I have a computer and camera for photography. Will keep Jolla for as long as it gets updates.

When your Android phone got updates?
                Same. I don't even use any Android apps on it; all my use cases are covered by native apps, including things like OTP authentication and public transport search.

Comment

Still using my Jolla 1 (writing on it right now). Hardware is a little dated, front page of theguardian crashes the browser and no fancy apps, but I still like a real Gnu/linux OS beneath. I look forward to a Sony.

Comment

More PR from Sony, yeah install Sailfish... oh wait... did you buy the device from your TelCo? Sorry, bootloader can't be unlocked, no Sailfish for you, or anything else...
                    Oh, you've paid $$$ and got it without a contract? Sorry, all your pictures will be full of noise, unlocking the bootloader will kill the camera quality, enjoy!

:-|

Comment

The only thing I can complain about with Sailfish is how it just exits apps when it runs out of memory (or at least used to do that, haven't used my Jolla in a while). Love the swipe interface. Still try to swipe on android now and then.

Comment

Working...
                      X