Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
    Idiot trumps bitch every time, eh ?
    I'm not calling idiot (or naughty and spanking) people that is using my product.

Small difference, but matters.

Comment

But they can always fork-off, so what's the problem ?

You show typical american politically correct deviation btw - "We can bomb you but we may never insult you", which I could never quite grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        this is the source of the error-message-generating code
        Code:
        eina_log_print(EINA_LOG_DOMAIN_GLOBAL, EINA_LOG_LEVEL_CRITICAL, file, fnc, line,
        "*** Eina Magic Check Failed at %p !!!\n"
        " Input handle has already been freed!\n"
        "*** NAUGHTY PROGRAMMER!!!\n"
        "*** SPANK SPANK SPANK!!!\n"
        "*** Now go fix your code. Tut tut tut!\n"
        "\n", d);
        yup. and most feedback from what from people was incredible amusement and laughter and thought it was cool. maybe some people don't have a sense of humor and others do, but people even made t-shorts out of it they liked it that much. this is simply a matter of perspective and sense of humor.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Code:
         - ERR("BITCH! evas_object_stack_above(), %p not inside same smart as %p!", eo_obj, eo_above);
        + ERR("COMPLAIN! evas_object_stack_above(), %p not inside same smart as %p!", eo_obj, eo_above);
        If you don't think it's bad to have errors like that, you're an idiot.
        why don't you read the comments instead of making insinuations? you will find i do say it's bad and i see that it can be interpreted other than intended. but you wouldn't quote that as it wouldn't support your narrative.

Comment

Besides the weird log/error messages. I tried it years ago but as soon as i realized the devs were putting all kind of ridiculous stuff into #define isntead of using one liner functions that can be easily optimized by the compiler i cringed hard and left and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
            But they can always fork-off, so what's the problem ?

You show typical american politically correct deviation btw - "We can bomb you but we may never insult you", which I could never quite grasp.
            that's kind of the thing. even the original just went in on direct personal insults but got all high and mighty about error logs that indeed used questionable wording. that was fixed when i found it and i hadn't gotten to a reply yet within a few hrs of then to "oh i found it finally" yet before others were hunting logs and posting. the naughty programmer spank spank stuff was all a matter of sense of humor. some people are highly politically correct, but some people will use this as a club to beat you with and at the same time choose to insult you in some other way they deem perfectly fine (the redtube/swallow stuff that of course was conveniently ignored in responses since the OP had no clue about history of things like fvwm that already used the term for similar purposes). people who like to troll will find any excuse and twist to their desires to follow the story they wish to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by raster View Post

yup. and most feedback from what from people was incredible amusement and laughter and thought it was cool. maybe some people don't have a sense of humor and others do, but people even made t-shorts out of it they liked it that much. this is simply a matter of perspective and sense of humor.

why don't you read the comments instead of making insinuations? you will find i do say it's bad and i see that it can be interpreted other than intended. but you wouldn't quote that as it wouldn't support your narrative.
              you call it humor i call it cringe-fest. Make a "t-short" out of that.

Comment

that's kind of the thing. even the original just went in on direct personal insults but got all high and mighty about error logs that indeed used questionable wording. that was fixed when i found it and i hadn't gotten to a reply yet within a few hrs of then to "oh i found it finally" yet before others were hunting logs and posting. the naughty programmer spank spank stuff was all a matter of sense of humor. some people are highly politically correct, but some people will use this as a club to beat you with and at the same time choose to insult you in some other way they deem perfectly fine (the redtube/swallow stuff that of course was conveniently ignored in responses since the OP had no clue about history of things like fvwm that already used the term for similar purposes). people who like to troll will find any excuse and twist to their desires to follow the story they wish to tell.
                I am probably the most anti-PC guy you will meet. This has nothing to do with being PC. It is useless information, not even humor. I think you dont know what people have against being PC. Perhaps read a bit about why people coined the word regressives for modern "liberals".

Comment

the article had about 10% truth, the rest was not, and even then that 10% was "oops we missed some bad language" which we just don't see as that error path was just never hit in any code we had. a nice think might be to file a bug and we'd notice and remove. but to go on a tirade 90% troll-substance is just obscene.
                  10%. Ok, if you say so

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

you call it humor i call it cringe-fest. Make a "t-short" out of that.
                    to each their own. but for almost a decade not a single person complained or even questioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

I am probably the most anti-PC guy you will meet. This has nothing to do with being PC. It is useless information, not even humor. I think you dont know what people have against being PC. Perhaps read a bit about why people coined the word regressives for modern "liberals".
                      Why ? All they have done is _offer_ their sources. Don like their stuff ? Fork your own version. And if you think it's appropriate, you could feel gratefull for open sauce that gave you starting point for doing so, a few "bitches" more or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X