Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlightenment's EFL Continues Dominating In The Embedded Space

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enlightenment's EFL Continues Dominating In The Embedded Space

    Phoronix: Enlightenment's EFL Continues Dominating In The Embedded Space

    Tom Hacohen of Samsung's Open-Source Group is presenting at this week's Embedded Linux Conference about Enlightenment's EFL as a UI toolkit for the embedded world...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ng-EFL-ELC2016

  • #2
    Obligatory : https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened

    Besides, I think that Qt pretty much is king in terms of market share for embedded UI toolkits.

    Comment


    • #3
      They also make washing machines that set afire.

      A machine with three very basic parts ( motor, tub, rubber band ) using water burning up into slag.....what will they think of next!
      Hi

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        Obligatory : https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened

        Besides, I think that Qt pretty much is king in terms of market share for embedded UI toolkits.
        Also obligatory to mention that devs debunked the bullshit in the article.

        And something about Qt from someone at jolla. > http://www.joona.net/?p=693

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
          Obligatory : https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened

          Besides, I think that Qt pretty much is king in terms of market share for embedded UI toolkits.
          Starshipeleven get out of this costume!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            They also make washing machines that set afire.

            A machine with three very basic parts ( motor, tub, rubber band ) using water burning up into slag.....what will they think of next!
            Didn't they try to port the architecture of their washing machines to their `note' line of smartphones lately?
            Joking aside, I heard quite a lot of bad things about the EFL. Which is a shame, because I heard quite a lot of good things about the enlightenment DE.

            Comment


            • #7
              A washing machine is a tub that spins and these guys are making high end electronics!

              Honestly, wouldnt know mate 8-D I vaguely recall enlightenment way back in the nineties though, and it wasnt even cool then compared to a tiled window manager. I remember the flame thung as well people mentioned earlier. And the water drip thing in the early compiz as a sort of polar to it.
              Hi

              Comment


              • #8
                EFL is so terribly coded.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  EFL is so terribly coded.
                  This proves the relationship between popularity of a site and trolling quality is inversely proportional.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

                    This proves the relationship between popularity of a site and trolling quality is inversely proportional.
                    It is horrible code, i fail to see how this is trolling when you state a fact...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X