Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu OTA-13 Released With Copy/Paste Support For Legacy Apps

Phoronix: Ubuntu OTA-13 Released With Copy/Paste Support For Legacy Apps

Ubuntu OTA-13 has been released this Monday morning for Ubuntu phone/tablet users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love the integration with ownCloud/Nextcloud. As far as I know, no other mobile OS provides out-of-the-box integration with a self-hostable PaaS.

I only wish the support gets even broader, i.e., adding a Nextcloud/ownCloud account transparently syncs all the goodies that the server already supports: contacts, calendars, files, private Firefox sync, notes, tasks, RSS feeds, and bookmarks. There is already a file sync app in the works...

Comment

Doesn't sound like much, but a speed up of the core apps was REALLY needed since... well years sadly Somehow I feel it is a bit to little and too late, with too much time wasted on nonsense like MIR and SNAPPY apps...

Comment

How is the Nextcloud integration realized? Standard CalDAV/WebDAV support or some kind of custom client?

Comment

Originally posted by Junix View Post
          How is the Nextcloud integration realized? Standard CalDAV/WebDAV support or some kind of custom client?
          Yes, standard CalDAV and WebDAV. I use davdroid to sync on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
            Doesn't sound like much, but a speed up of the core apps was REALLY needed since... well years sadly Somehow I feel it is a bit to little and too late, with too much time wasted on nonsense like MIR and SNAPPY apps...
            waste why? mir works and improve version by version and they control their product, and snappy works fine and they are making a universal OS for phones --> tablets --> cloud --> core --> and the desktop too. the ota 12 improve a lot the speed and i'm waiting for ota 13 too see (bq aquarise4.5) i have one with android and other with ubuntu, the ubuntu version had more battery life and multitasking is much better but ofc some things are missing but improve a lot in one year and half

Comment

A bit premature: https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg22358.html

If all goes well the release will be tomorrow or Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

waste why? mir works and improve version by version and they control their product, and snappy works fine and they are making a universal OS for phones --> tablets --> cloud --> core --> and the desktop too. the ota 12 improve a lot the speed and i'm waiting for ota 13 too see (bq aquarise4.5) i have one with android and other with ubuntu, the ubuntu version had more battery life and multitasking is much better but ofc some things are missing but improve a lot in one year and half
                Yeah it works, but MIR was a lot of duplicated effort that continues to occupy people that could have worked on actually improving UT, and snappy apps are a move in the wrong direction that again occupies a lot of developers time (besides also being a duplicated effort to flatpacks). The main issue of UT since months now seems the lack of developers to actually improve the functionality of UT.

Comment

Working...
                X