KDE Connect 1.0 Released For Device/Phone Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    As is typical with KDE, you have a 1001 dependencies and it won't be stable for 5 years or more. And by then they'll have to move to another Framework version when QT upgrades and we'll have to wait for QT to get stable and yada....yada....yada........

No....as a GNOME or any other user....you have NOTHING to be jealous of.
    I can partially agree, I find KDE to be extremely configurable, powerful and pretty but it has its downsides like developing new versions too quickly which affects stability and brings new bugs. Feels good to use KDE, but only when you have the right combination of hardware, distribution and KDE version at the moment, otherwise it does not provide a uniform experience on different computers, it tends to work great on one computer and have lots of crashes etc on another computer, Unity, Gnome and MATE do not suffer from such problems or if they do it is quite rare. They need to slow down development and focus on bugfixing and overall stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
      Ironic isnt it that Linux desktop environment such as KDE supports communication with Android, Blackberry and iOS in the future, yet not with Linux phones such as SailfishOS and Ubuntu Touch.
      Mostly because even Blackberry are more common than SailfishOS and UbuntuPhones combined.

Also, if SailfishOS and Ubuntu touch are "linux phones" also Android is.

Canonical and whoever is making Sailfish is free to send a PR to KDE to add support for their OS tho.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        fixed.

you sure love posting 0-content generic trollposts.
        Only a special snowflake, millenial cry bully would call freedom of speech and an informed observation.....( started using KDE 3 on Red Hat....then to OpenSuse....then to Linux Mint trying KDE 4 and KDE 5 to crap results over three distributions and 3 versions of KDE over the course of YEARS )

Go back to playing X-Box son, and leave the real discussion to adults.

Comment

Ubuntu Touch is far more a Linux phone than Android, you can run desktop applications on it and has a desktop mode, Android cannot do that and is more like Linux-based (somewhat) phone but I wouldnt call it a true Linux phone.

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
            i hope a native client for Sailfish OS will see the day, eventually.

(it' possible given that SFOS UI is Qt on Wayland).
            I would like an native Sailfish OS app as well.

Comment

fixed.
              Now go post 0-content generic trolls somewhere else plz.

Ahhh.....poor little snowflake, crybully. Calling me a troll is very rich coming from a little punk kid who can only respond by replacing KDE with GNOME. That's like using the word "racist" when you don't have a valid counter argument.

Piss off, junior. When KDE stops making crap....when KDE stops making bloated, dependency ladened software, then let's talk like adults. I'm not holding my breath though seeing as how you're posts are nothing but snarky, know it all (which is obvious you don't) fan boy-ism. With the emphasis on boy.

Comment

Mostly because even Blackberry are more common than SailfishOS and UbuntuPhones combined.

Also, if SailfishOS and Ubuntu touch are "linux phones" also Android is.

Canonical and whoever is making Sailfish is free to send a PR to KDE to add support for their OS tho.
                Didn't Blackberry 10 phones sell so bad that blackberry shifted to android in 2014?
                Actually it doesn't support blackberry 10 native but blackberry 10 can run android apps and that's how blackberry 10 is supported.
                It's easy to support blackberry when blackberry use android.
                Sailfish OS can also make use of android apps and that is hoe kdeconnect works on Sailfish OS but it's not an native app.
                Of course Sailfish OS, Ubuntu touch and android is all linux phones since they all run the linux kernel.
                But even if they all use an linux kernel one can talk about how mainline that kernel is and then it's the big glibc vs bionic and it's often the use of bionic instead of glibc that makes people say that android is not "real" linux.
                Jolla is the company behind Sailfish OS.

Comment

Ahhh.....poor little snowflake, crybully. Calling me a troll is very rich coming from a little punk kid who can only respond by replacing KDE with GNOME. That's like using the word "racist" when you don't have a valid counter argument.

Piss off, junior. When KDE stops making crap....when KDE stops making bloated, dependency ladened software, then let's talk like adults. I'm not holding my breath though seeing as how you're posts are nothing but snarky, know it all (which is obvious you don't) fan boy-ism. With the emphasis on boy.
                  funkSTAR, is that you??

Comment

KDE connect comes included with KDE Neon. I use it on my laptop all the time and it works great for seeing sms messages and you can still work on something.

I asked the guys with official Sailfish OS phones if they are using KDE connect and several of them said yes. It was via alien dalvik.

Comment

carrier grade Linux distro

Comment

Working...
                      X