Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Connect 1.0 Released For Device/Phone Communication

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Connect 1.0 Released For Device/Phone Communication

    Phoronix: KDE Connect 1.0 Released For Device/Phone Communication

    KDE Connect is the interesting project for integrating notifications and more from your phone or other mobile device onto the KDE desktop. With KDE Connect you can receive smartphone notifications on your computer as well as using your phone as a remote control to the desktop...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-1.0-Released

  • #2
    KDE Connect is actually pretty awesome, mind you it also works quite well without KDE. I don't like the notifications though, I like the ones from linconnect more. Needless to say you can turn them off and just use both tools together.

    What I am missing is that you can set a default device, so when sharing, I don't always have to select my computer (the only item in the list anyway) manually.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ypnos View Post
      KDE Connect is actually pretty awesome, mind you it also works quite well without KDE. I don't like the notifications though, I like the ones from linconnect more. Needless to say you can turn them off and just use both tools together.

      What I am missing is that you can set a default device, so when sharing, I don't always have to select my computer (the only item in the list anyway) manually.
      I'm seriously jealous as a GNOME user. 100mb of dependencies is just a tad more than I can bother with. At that point I've basically pulled in half of KDE...

      Comment


      • #4
        As is typical with KDE, you have a 1001 dependencies and it won't be stable for 5 years or more. And by then they'll have to move to another Framework version when QT upgrades and we'll have to wait for QT to get stable and yada....yada....yada........

        No....as a GNOME or any other user....you have NOTHING to be jealous of.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
          As is typical with KDE, you have a 1001 dependencies and it won't be stable for 5 years or more. And by then they'll have to move to another Framework version when QT upgrades and we'll have to wait for QT to get stable and yada....yada....yada........

          No....as a GNOME or any other user....you have NOTHING to be jealous of.

          can you please go troll on another corner of the internet?

          I've been using KDE Connect for a while (though my usage is mostly limited to seeing the notifications on my computer without looking at my phone) and it works fine.

          Comment


          • #6
            I use since.... I don't even remember and I don't want to live without it anymore
            It works really good here and especially the remote input and mediaplayer controls are awesome if I binge watch series from streaming sites and can switch to the next episode without getting of the couch

            File transfer is also a nice feature to easily get photos/videos off the phone or transfer mp3s to it. Although this wasn't working for me with the latest Android version (6.0.1). Hopefully this is fixed now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hrkristian View Post

              I'm seriously jealous as a GNOME user. 100mb of dependencies is just a tad more than I can bother with. At that point I've basically pulled in half of KDE...
              Yeah, we have Nuntius, which is pretty much useless... and pretty much dead?

              Comment


              • #8
                i hope a native client for Sailfish OS will see the day, eventually.

                (it' possible given that SFOS UI is Qt on Wayland).

                Comment


                • #9
                  For people using featurephones, there is Wammu : https://wammu.eu/
                  I use it extensively, and it just works with my old nokia over bluetooth.

                  S.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
                    As is typical with GNOME, you have a 1001 dependencies and it won't be stable for 5 years or more. And by then they'll have to move to another Framework version when GTK upgrades and we'll have to wait for GTK to get stable and yada....yada....yada........

                    No....as a KDE or any other user....you have NOTHING to be jealous of.
                    fixed.
                    Now go post 0-content generic trolls somewhere else plz.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X