Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Intel Virtual Button" Driver Is Coming For Linux 4.8

Phoronix: The "Intel Virtual Button" Driver Is Coming For Linux 4.8

Already sent in less than half-way into the two week merge window for Linux 4.8 were all of the platform-drivers-x86 updates for enhancing Intel laptop support under Linux. This time around there's the new intel-vbtn driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

will this help my acer f5-571 i5-5200u?

Comment

Why can't people just buy a System76 laptop? I mean, every component of a laptop should work right out of the box.

Comment

"Without this driver, the power button doesn't work correctly."

I'd love to hear the justification for this. Like, wouldn't one have to purposely go out of the way to break such a basic function?

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          Why can't people just buy a System76 laptop? I mean, every component of a laptop should work right out of the box.
          Cost? Ability to try it at and/or return it to a local store? Wasn't their purchase choice? Take your pick.

Comment

I guess some people would prefer not to buy Intel CPUs, for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceJunk View Post
              "Without this driver, the power button doesn't work correctly."

I'd love to hear the justification for this. Like, wouldn't one have to purposely go out of the way to break such a basic function?
              I speculate that it is a way to save on GPIO pins on the SoC/CPU and relevant traces on the board, or something like that.

Comment

no pt keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post

I guess some people would prefer not to buy Intel CPUs, for starters.
                  i can't understand ppl not buying intel cpu in laptop, AMD cpus really sucks, performance, powersavings, support, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

no pt keyboard
                    PT as in... http://www.acronymfinder.com/PT.html

Comment

Working...
                    X