Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power & Performance Tests With Fedora 24 Beta, Linux 4.6 Kernel

Phoronix: Power & Performance Tests With Fedora 24 Beta, Linux 4.6 Kernel

For those that have been requesting some fresh benchmarks looking at the system power consumption / efficiency of modern Linux distributions/kernels and how they're working out for laptops/ultrabooks, here are some fresh benchmarks on two Intel devices when comparing Fedora 23 to Fedora 24 Beta and also testing out the power performance with the Linux 4.6 kernel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks! With this advice in mind, I went to Koji and downloaded the kernel 4.6.0 package for Fedora 25, in my newly updated Fedora 24 box. This is relevant: I cannot use fedora-rawhide-kernel-nodebug, because I enabled Secure Boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
      Thanks! With this advice in mind, I went to Koji and downloaded the kernel 4.6.0 package for Fedora 25, in my newly updated Fedora 24 box. This is relevant: I cannot use fedora-rawhide-kernel-nodebug, because I enabled Secure Boot.

There's an easier way you know...
      Start with; "dnf -y install fedora-repos-rawhide" -- it will install rawhide repository, which is in a *disabled* state.
      Follow up with "dnf -y --enablerepo=rawhide update kernel*"

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post

There's an easier way you know...
        Start with; "dnf -y install fedora-repos-rawhide" -- it will install rawhide repository, which is in a *disabled* state.
        Follow up with "dnf -y --enablerepo=rawhide update kernel*"

Bad idea. Rawhide is carrying kernel-4.7.0rc0

Comment

Working...
        X