• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this thing have root? OTG?

Comment

Originally posted by eugene2k View Post
      Does this thing have root? OTG?
      Root access is available on all Ubuntu phones. What exactly do you need with OTG? I did see USB storage media and keyboard connected to Ubuntu phones and they worked. Keyboard and mouse can also be connected via bluetooth.

Comment

I've been thinking of picking up a Ubuntu Touch phone for a couple of months now but the lack of any high end devices has put me off. This phone pretty much ticks every box as far as the hardware is concerned, so now I just have to work out how to sneak it past the wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          I prefer phones that are 6 inches. My hands aren't huge, but they aren't small like a child either. For me 6 is the sweet spot. I have the Nexus 6 and it gets the job done. Almost wish it was bigger at times for reading. Honestly though, I use head phones ALWAYS so putting a giant phone up to my ear never happens. Although the Nexus 6 doesn't look big when I am holding it and I am only 6 foot.
          And doesn't this thing annoy you in your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

And doesn't this thing annoy you in your pocket.
            I've got a Nexus 6; it fits in my pockets comfortably and I don't even notice it's there, so I definitely wouldn't say it's annoying.

Comment

I've got Google Fi service now, so I'm hoping an Ubuntu phone with convergence comes along that works on the Fi service. This thing has the specs I like, but the screen is too big for my tastes. I have the Nexus 5x which is about as big as I prefer for fitting in my pocket and single-hand operation. My wife LOVES her 6P even though she has smaller hands. No idea how she manages.

Comment

I wonder if it is possible to dual boot with android

Comment

Originally posted by akincer View Post
                  I've got Google Fi service now, so I'm hoping an Ubuntu phone with convergence comes along that works on the Fi service.
                  A quick look at the specs would imply that it's compatible with all the major networks, in addition to quad-band WiFi (no ac WiFi, sadly). Methinks Fi would work on the Meizu just fine if Google ever freed Fi up.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                    Same reason why those early brick cellphones you could use to bludgeon someone to death with were. They're so big as to be un-ergonomic, specially if you want to use them with one hand like I do.

In my opinion 4" is about the right size and a bit under 5" is about the maximum that I can find comfortable.
                    But but .. we have the bigger hands, so we make the rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X