Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition Announced As New High-End Device

Phoronix: Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition Announced As New High-End Device

Canonical and Meizu have announced today the Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition as their new high-end smartphone..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5.7 inch screens are utterly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      5.7 inch screens are utterly stupid.
      May I ask why?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

May I ask why?
        Because ergonomics. Except everyones hands -except mine- grew a few cm the last few years.

Comment

Well I personally constantly use phone for reading so I prefer bigger screen. Lack of convergence is almost criminal though.

Comment

Convergence is not impossible on this phone, they are developing screencasting via wifi similar to Miracast.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

Because ergonomics. Except everyones hands -except mine- grew a few cm the last few years.
              My Nexus 6p that I happily use everyday must be totally unusable.
              I do wish it had a slightly larger screen however.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                May I ask why?
                Same reason why those early brick cellphones you could use to bludgeon someone to death with were. They're so big as to be un-ergonomic, specially if you want to use them with one hand like I do.

In my opinion 4" is about the right size and a bit under 5" is about the maximum that I can find comfortable.

Comment

I would like to see double the battery from 3050 to 6000 mAh and 128, 256, or even 512 GB on this bad boy but like it in its current state.

Comment

I prefer phones that are 6 inches. My hands aren't huge, but they aren't small like a child either. For me 6 is the sweet spot. I have the Nexus 6 and it gets the job done. Almost wish it was bigger at times for reading. Honestly though, I use head phones ALWAYS so putting a giant phone up to my ear never happens. Although the Nexus 6 doesn't look big when I am holding it and I am only 6 foot.

Comment

Working...
                    X