Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Test Release Of Android-x86 Now Available

Phoronix: New Test Release Of Android-x86 Now Available

For those with some spare x86 tablet/mobile hardware around, a new test build of Android-x86 is out in the wild...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-x86-20151128

Just a testing release.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      For those with some spare x86 tablet/mobile hardware around
      You do not need a tablet or a device with touch to enjoy Android-x86! I run it on my cheap touchless netbook, and it's an amazing way to have access to various Android apps on the go. Lots of games work great, too, as Android-x86 supports GPU acceleration. Game controllers work out of the box, too! Boots faster than Xubuntu (my "usual" OS) too.

It's a terrific project! They have turned Android into a full member of the family of Linux desktop distros by including a richer Linux base than what most Android OSes include, including UEFI and 64-bit platforms. You can try it today just by booting live from a USB drive.

(Quibble: the problem is that too many games support touch only. For those, the mousepad just won't work. I hope they find a way to include built-in touch emulation.)

Comment

Hmm, i cant now unlock screen after upgrade from 4.4-RC3 to 5.1-rc1, because swipe detection is broken for my Thinkpad E130.

Comment

Think you can even install it in vbox as well if you want to have Android on your desktop

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
            Hmm, i cant now unlock screen after upgrade from 4.4-RC3 to 5.1-rc1, because swipe detection is broken for my Thinkpad E130.
            Bug report time then if they take bug reports

Comment

I run a virtual Android-x86 in KVM with virt-manager and a shared NFS mount. Works brilliant. What would be awesome though is QEMU tablet mouse support and virgl 3d acceleration.

Comment

I've tried it several times - it works pretty well booted from Live but I can't get it boot after installation. Google shows me, it's not an unusual issue. Any one solved this? I tried all combinations installer offers as some people suggested some options made it for them but...

Comment

Hi all.

Chih-Wei is giving a talk on OS2ATC 2015 in China.

He's built a marshmallow testing ISO and posted on sourceforge. However, he used his local repo, which will be pushed upstream soon.

# reference
                  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...86/Bpis-4r9Pq8

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post

You do not need a tablet or a device with touch to enjoy Android-x86! I run it on my cheap touchless netbook, and it's an amazing way to have access to various Android apps on the go. Lots of games work great, too, as Android-x86 supports GPU acceleration. Game controllers work out of the box, too! Boots faster than Xubuntu (my "usual" OS) too.

It's a terrific project! They have turned Android into a full member of the family of Linux desktop distros by including a richer Linux base than what most Android OSes include, including UEFI and 64-bit platforms. You can try it today just by booting live from a USB drive.

(Quibble: the problem is that too many games support touch only. For those, the mousepad just won't work. I hope they find a way to include built-in touch emulation.)
                    64bit came out of AOSP, not android-x86. AOSP has been 64bit since 5.0, which was required for Nexus 9.

Comment

Working...
                    X