Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

Phoronix: Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

Canonical sadly hasn't made public any sales numbers about the number of Ubuntu Phone devices out in the wild, but an estimate based upon update reporting pegs the number of current Ubuntu Phone users at around 25,000...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    He found that after the Ubuntu Phone has been on sale for six months, 17,979 users updated the Ubuntu Calculator App. However, given various factors, he's estimating the total Ubuntu Phone market-share to be at about 25,000 users.
    Yeah, "rounding" up is definitively the sane default approach to anything Ubuntu? Surely there can't be a sizable number of updates from VMs on PCs?

Comment

Interesting. May we see the actual Phoronix stats? It is a benchmark site after all :-)

Comment

25k phone users is like a drop of water to the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
          I'm surprised it's that many.

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post

without a phisical store and carriers is not so bad, for a guy o use and need whatsapp ubuntu phone is a problem

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

without a phisical store and carriers is not so bad, for a guy o use and need whatsapp ubuntu phone is a problem
              Perhaps Sailfish OS is an alternative. It runs Android apps and uses wayland, which cannot be shipped on smartphones due to licencing issues - in case you believe in Canonicals propaganda

Comment

also Sailfish OS has a few native alternatives for software normally found on android.

(Disclaimer: Sailfish on Jolla phone was what I've started using once WebOS on HP Pre3 couldn't do the job anymore)

Comment

i seriously dont think Ubuntu Mobile Phones will be a Huge hit, whose gonna use it when you have the IPhone an the Android phones to compete with. Ubuntu phones are a waste of time making IMO plus i cant see many if any Mobile Carriers will support the phone

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    i seriously dont think Ubuntu Mobile Phones will be a Huge hit, whose gonna use it when you have the IPhone an the Android phones to compete with. Ubuntu phones are a waste of time making IMO plus i cant see many if any Mobile Carriers will support the phone

I am one of the few who bought an Ubuntu phone. And I agree. That money could certainly have been put to better use.

Comment

Working...
                    X