Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madjr View Post

Microsoft wasn't late. Winphone was out waaaaaaaay before ios or android.
    Let me clarify, Windows Phone 7 was way late to the party. Sure Windows Mobile was out long before that, but when iOS came on the scene and shook up the marketplace, Microsoft was much too slow to respond. Windows Phone 7 got pushed back again and again and by the time it arrived it was too late (and not even at feature parity with iOS and Android at that point). Meanwhile, the aging Windows Mobile that was out from before was a ridiculously outdated relic and the update they put out as a stopgap while Windows Phone 7 got pushed back again and again was laughable and achieved nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
      Canonical trying to get into the smart phone market is sheer folly. It's already waaaaay to late for that. Even Microsoft, who have far more resources, weight to throw around, and name recognition, can't make much of a dent in the market because they were too late and missed the market explosion, and Microsoft wasn't nearly as late to the party as Canonical. The market is established and dominated by Android with iOS a very distant second. There isn't room in the market for any OS outside those two to thrive. It will be a herculean task for anyone to overtake iOS, never mind Android.
      Eh.... microsoft was in the market LONG before any of the current leaders. They failed because their software was CRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        i seriously dont think Ubuntu Mobile Phones will be a Huge hit, whose gonna use it when you have the IPhone an the Android phones to compete with. Ubuntu phones are a waste of time making IMO plus i cant see many if any Mobile Carriers will support the phone
        Its pretty pathetic that that is even a consideration for mobile phone sales, isn't it? I.e., if people were a tiny bit *smarter* in general, they would be smart enough to buy their phone from someone besides their service provider. Any service provider who refuses to allow such outside purchased hardware to operate on their network (i.e. verizon) would quickly have to change, or immediately go under.

Comment

Working...
        X