Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

    Phoronix: Ubuntu Phone Marketshare Estimated At Around 25 Thousand Users

    Canonical sadly hasn't made public any sales numbers about the number of Ubuntu Phone devices out in the wild, but an estimate based upon update reporting pegs the number of current Ubuntu Phone users at around 25,000...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-Estimate-25k

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    He found that after the Ubuntu Phone has been on sale for six months, 17,979 users updated the Ubuntu Calculator App. However, given various factors, he's estimating the total Ubuntu Phone market-share to be at about 25,000 users.
    Yeah, "rounding" up is definitively the sane default approach to anything Ubuntu? Surely there can't be a sizable number of updates from VMs on PCs?

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting. May we see the actual Phoronix stats? It is a benchmark site after all :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        25k phone users is like a drop of water to the sea

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
          25k phone users is like a drop of water to the sea
          I'm surprised it's that many.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
            25k phone users is like a drop of water to the sea

            without a phisical store and carriers is not so bad, for a guy o use and need whatsapp ubuntu phone is a problem

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by andre30correia View Post


              without a phisical store and carriers is not so bad, for a guy o use and need whatsapp ubuntu phone is a problem
              Perhaps Sailfish OS is an alternative. It runs Android apps and uses wayland, which cannot be shipped on smartphones due to licencing issues - in case you believe in Canonicals propaganda

              Comment


              • #8
                also Sailfish OS has a few native alternatives for software normally found on android.

                (Disclaimer: Sailfish on Jolla phone was what I've started using once WebOS on HP Pre3 couldn't do the job anymore)

                Comment


                • #9
                  i seriously dont think Ubuntu Mobile Phones will be a Huge hit, whose gonna use it when you have the IPhone an the Android phones to compete with. Ubuntu phones are a waste of time making IMO plus i cant see many if any Mobile Carriers will support the phone

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    i seriously dont think Ubuntu Mobile Phones will be a Huge hit, whose gonna use it when you have the IPhone an the Android phones to compete with. Ubuntu phones are a waste of time making IMO plus i cant see many if any Mobile Carriers will support the phone

                    I am one of the few who bought an Ubuntu phone. And I agree. That money could certainly have been put to better use.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X