Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there free modem drivers for Snapdragon SoCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there free modem drivers for Snapdragon SoCs?

I'm looking for cellular modem drivers that work for Snapdragon SoCs.

The Qualcomm SoC Mainlining project only states MODEM - (not done) (but see RemoteProc)
    From this it's not clear to me if there is code available somewhere, that's going to be mainlined at a later point, or not.
    Actually I'm a little bit confused by the different source repositories (CodeAurora, Linaro, Sony...). Maybe there's a modem driver lying around somewhere, that I'm not able to find.

There are drivers available for Qualcomm Gobi devices. I found this whitepaper which has the following paragraph:
    Qualcomm Snapdragon processors include both the CPU and the mobile broadband telephony stack on the same chip (System-On-Chip); i.e. there isn?t a separate chip implementing the 3G/4G connectivity. In this kind of setup, the communication between the kernel and the stack is done using shared memory (SMD), instead of relying on a USB connection. This setup is left out of the scope of this document, as there is little information about how this is really managed.
    So are Snapdragon SoCs using the same tech as Gobi devices?
    Maybe there is the possibility to use the Gobi drivers for Snapdragon SoCs, then.

I would be very glad for some clarification on all this!
Working...
X