No announcement yet.

Splashtop on USB stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi sorry for not getting back in touch but I've been away on holiday. I've got the image but I think I've gone a different route to how you were doing it and I've kinda got myself stuck.

What I did was that I took the image and I expanded the achieve (so I can see all the SQX files, etc) and placed that onto a usb drive. The plan was then to add grub so that it could be bootable but that didn't work any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by x20mar; 05 August 2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Use the script unmodified, there is a grub script too, when you look better. Then it works on supported hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Use the script unmodified, there is a grub script too, when you look better. Then it works on supported hardware.
        Hi Kano,

unfortunately I couldn't get the scripts to work for me but I understood them enough to manually punch in the commands.

Anyway I'm at the point where splashtop has been extracted and grub has now been installed. If I boot from the usb drive just now I get pointed to the grub command line interface, so what I need to do is link grub to splashtop. I understand that should be done in device.map, which at the moment looks like this
        Code:
        (fd0)	/dev/fd0
        (hd0)	/dev/sda
        (hd1)	/dev/sdc
        Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Then use the sample menu.lst that i write in the scripts... It seems you did not figure it out. When the system boots from USB it is always hd0, so delete the devices.map.

Comment

Then use the sample menu.lst that i write in the scripts... It seems you did not figure it out. When the system boots from USB it is always hd0, so delete the devices.map.
            You know what, you're right, I hadn't figured it properly. I went back to the scripts with a fresh pair of eyes and now I've happy to report that I've got this work on a usb stick!

Now I just need VLC and wifi support....

Comment

wifi i could help you if needed, just need your system specs.

Comment

wifi i could help you if needed, just need your system specs.
                If you could that would be great. My wireless chipset is the Intel? PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, and if it is any help the linux drivers are available at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...=39&submit=Go!

Thanks for this!

Comment

Join IRC. I will not upload files.

Comment

Join IRC. I will not upload files.
                    As much as I would love to just now, I have to go. Maybe I'll catch you later.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Kano for the scripts, I'm just trying to run the first script.

The error I get is
                      root@calin-desktop:~/Desktop# lilo -s /dev/null -M ${DEVICE}
                      Fatal: /dev/sdb1 is not a master device with a primary parition table

Second question: what represents DEVICE 1 and DEVICE 2

Thanks and sorry for my begginers questions

Thanks I solved the problem and I got the answer for my question, thanks again for the script
                      Last edited by calin; 08 August 2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X