No announcement yet.

Hacking Express gate (Asus Splashtop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess there can be something wrong with compression-settings. Try switching it off.

And of course don't forget to cut version file to 32 bytes

Comment

• I can't seem to find an older version of mksquashfs for Windows. Anyone has a link?

Comment

• @SynchronE, I'm quite sure ASUS used 131032 bytes block size to compare since the block size number is the same as when I extracted if I used that

Comment

• Anyway, I succeeded with this version (cygwin libs included)
          And this xterm packet made with those squashfs tools

Comment

• I've tried using the version at the above post and used the booleans -noappend and -nolzma to get the filesize as close to the original one and then replaced the original file in ASUS.SYS. However, I am still getting Installation is not complete and I can't use Express Gate. I have edited the xorg.conf in bs-xorg-1.6.0.sqx/etc. I changed Modes from "1280x800" to "1920x1080" under Section "Screen". Is what I did correct to change the resolution or is there other files I must edit in order to do so? Please provide assistance.

Comment

• And of course don't forget to cut version file to 32 bytes
              Did you do this?

Comment

• Making the byte size to 32 will make the file size larger than the original file. Using the largest byte size will give an almost equal filesize.

Comment

• Bumping. Anyone?

Comment

• Making the byte size to 32 will make the file size larger than the original file. Using the largest byte size will give an almost equal filesize.
                    I meant "X:\ASUS.SYS\version" file. You should leave the first 32 bytes of it. Read the whole topic, someone already said that this is necessary

Comment

• What do you mean leave the first 32 bytes of it? What do I have to edit in the file?

Comment

Working...
                      X