Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPARTAN
    replied
    Okay, well I've managed to get my SplashTop running at 1680x1050 (native) if only temporarily (I broke it soon afterwards trying to update Pidgin) but if you are looking for a bit of help with it (and a script and some apps to make your life easier) I have started hosting a section on my website dedicated to hacking ExpressGate...

If anyone is interested here it is:
    http://www.sierrasoftworks.com/expressgate

Also, if anyone is interested in expanding on the info that appears there just contact me (prefferably via e-mail at [email protected])

Regards,
    SPARTAN

Leave a comment:

• nfshp253
    replied
    I've been trying for the past week to change the resolution. I've tried using the terminal with the command xrandr -s "1920x1080x32" but it says "1920x1080" is an unsupported mode. I then tried to xrandr --addmode <output> "1920x1080x32" but I don't know what to put for output. I've tried VGA-0, VGA-1, and nothing works. What the hell is the output supposed to be? I'm just one step away from adding a resolution mode and getting Express Gate to work at 1080p!

Leave a comment:

• nfshp253
    replied
    I don't have a file named bs-tinyx.sqx for some reason!

Leave a comment:

• SynchronE
    replied
    Then can I know how to add resolution modes?
    As I said - I don't know how to do it.

If you manage to find information about that - please post it here, or at least your modified bs-tinyx.sqx or bs-xorg.sqx or whatever you might change.

Leave a comment:

• nfshp253
    replied
    Then can I know how to add resolution modes?

Leave a comment:

• SynchronE
    replied
    I tried to use Terminal to edit xorg.conf inside Express Gate
    You cant edit anything inside EG. The content of / is located at RAM disk and is temporarily. The only method to do so is unsquash -> edit -> re-squash packages in asus.sys folder.

Leave a comment:

• nfshp253
    replied
    I tried to use Terminal to edit xorg.conf inside Express Gate, but I can't seem to do so. After I cd into /etc, I tried to sudo nano xorg.conf, but it doesn't work. I've tried sudo gedit too, but it's not working! Can anyone help?

Does anyone know how I can add resolution modes so that I can switch to 1920x1080?

Leave a comment:

• SynchronE
    replied
    brings up a black screen
    Means you did something wrong. I can't help you there, as I don't know how to change resolution myself. Try asking linux-guru somewhere on irc or jabber-conferences, as there are just X.org and configuration is the same as in normal linux.

Leave a comment:

• nfshp253
    replied
    Now it starts up, although it brings up a black screen. Did I edit the wrong file? What file am I supposed to unsquash and edit? What lines should be changed?

Leave a comment:

• SynchronE
    replied
    I tried the commands dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0
    That command is not right for what you need

I think you'd better try
    dd if=version of=version32 bs=32 count=1
    and then move "version" to some safe place and rename "version32" to "version".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X