No announcement yet.

The Lenovo T450s Is Working Beautifully With Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now a wonderful T450s with a Fedora Workstation 22.
    Do you find a useful configuration to use the rear battery first and only after the internal one?
    Can be useful the tlp utility or the tp_smapi ?

Comment

I have installed Linux mint 17.1 and then 17.2, all working fine even the touchpad but I need to enable the "disable when typing" otherwise it is horrible.

I found out that Nvidia is a pain to make it work and Intel driver, dont really work, so I kept the one from the distro.

Overall is a good laptop, it last forever if they could fix the switch between graphic card, touchpad and get 3D under chrome... well I would love it even more!

Comment

Under Ubuntu 16.04, I have several high/critical problems (see http://cpbl.wordpress.com). Have you had problems with shutdown, undocking, RAM use ballooning for no reason, the fingerprint scanner? Have you found a fix for the palm detection problem? It's been over a year since your original post, yet I am experiencing basic challenges on this hardware under a major OS.

Comment

I'm just about to purchase a secondhand T450 to run Linux (Kubuntu 18.04). I just don't see the point is spending thousands on a new laptop when a secondhand T450 will (most likely) do everything I need it to do.

Comment

Working...
          X