Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu For Phones Lands Its New Calculator

Phoronix: Ubuntu For Phones Lands Its New Calculator

For those of you running Ubuntu Touch/Phone, once updating your default calculator app you'll be presented by the brand new "calculator reboot" app...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Innovation

This is great innovation. Just what I needed to switch to Ubuntu Phone.

Comment

lol slow news day?

Comment

They have a calculator app?! Amazing. Inconceivable. I mean how come no other OS has ever had one? Truly Canonical are tech visionaries of our time.

/sarcasm off

I'd say that Ubuntu Phone is at least good at being a comic relief but the truth is that it's way too sad for that role.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
          They have a calculator app?! Amazing. Inconceivable. I mean how come no other OS has ever had one? Truly Canonical are tech visionaries of our time.

/sarcasm off

I'd say that Ubuntu Phone is at least good at being a comic relief but the truth is that it's way too sad for that role.
          in 2 years I am shure they get also a phenominal text brower app done

Comment

Ok ok calculator is nice but do they have python? My 5 year old Nokia C5 has python in it. Unless they include python interpreter I am not switching from my S60 Nokia C5

Comment

does it do reverse polish notation ?

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post

/sarcasm off

Any developer who writes a calculator app and blogs about it on his personal blog, should be shunned and riddiculed in public. Outrageous!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
                  Ok ok calculator is nice but do they have python? My 5 year old Nokia C5 has python in it. Unless they include python interpreter I am not switching from my S60 Nokia C5
                  They almost do have python https://plus.google.com/communities/...41759480496165

Comment

Judging by that screenshot on the article, there's no % sign?

Is there a particular reason for this? Android's default calculator (at least the Material version) also lacks it.

Comment

Working...
                    X