Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rezza View Post
    Originally posted by juancferrer View Post
    Is there any way to run triple external monitors on this thing? I'm guessing that you need the onelink dock.
    I would buy one now if knew it could do triple monitors. Otherwise, it's macbook pro for me.
    Get OneLink Pro Dock...

... with OneLink Pro dock you can have two Full HD outputs or just one HiDPI)
    The question was whether it could do triple external monitors? Hypothetically it might work with the DP port on the laptop and the two ports from the dock, but in practice it may not depending on how the video ports are wired to the OneLink port etc.
    Last edited by chrisb; 16 February 2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
      The question was whether it could do triple external monitors? Hypothetically it might work with the DP port on the laptop and the two ports from the dock, but in practice it may not depending on how the video ports are wired to the OneLink port etc.
      Ah, ok. I'm blind. Just saw tripple monitors, not tripple external monitors. I don't have a clue, as I don't have three monitors but I could try it with my colleague's monitor. Just I can't promise that .

Comment

Originally posted by cygn View Post
        Thinkpad Yoga S1 here. Everything works marvelously on F21, including gnome touchscreen gestures. Just had to pull this for automatic sensor based rotation. Or this one gives you rotation / tablet controls without sensors through a GUI.
        Hey, thanks!

Comment

Any chance that you could share your graphics-related configuration (Xorg config, if any, kernel parameters, module options etc)?

I'm running Arch Linux and am experiencing some glitches.
          • With SNA I get choppy scrolling in Firefox and the screen goes completely crazy when I exit Xorg (text flying by mixed with "war of the ants", sometimes it goes back to normal but usually requires a reboot).
          • With UXA I get choppy scrolling and really bad 2d performance (think 15s to open a sliding hamburger menu, something that is very smooth with SNA).
          • Glamor is the same as UXA, sort of.

Thank you in anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by strange View Post
            Any chance that you could share your graphics-related configuration (Xorg config, if any, kernel parameters, module options etc)?

• With SNA I get choppy scrolling in Firefox and the screen goes completely crazy when I exit Xorg (text flying by mixed with "war of the ants", sometimes it goes back to normal but usually requires a reboot).
            • With UXA I get choppy scrolling and really bad 2d performance (think 15s to open a sliding hamburger menu, something that is very smooth with SNA).

I haven't encountered any issues using SNA mostly on Fedora and Ubuntu with this system.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah, too bad. Was hoping for a nugget. So you're using vanilla i915 with no kernel parameters, module options or xorg tweaks?

Maybe it's the panel that's the problem.

Comment

I couldn't PM you. I get the following error when searching for "x1" in the forums:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 0
                Feel free to delete this message.

Comment

Originally posted by strange View Post

1. Run the latest intel git and report any bugs https://01.org/linuxgraphics/community/xf86-video-intel

2. If by "choppy scrolling" you mean tearing then try adding to xorg.conf: Option "TearFree" "true"

To get rid of tearing on a modern Intel GPU without "TearFree" I think you need to be running a very recent Mesa stack and desktop with an OpenGL DRI3 vsyncing page flipping compositor. On Debian Jessie you will get tearing on XFCE (no page flip compositor, no DRI3 vsync), XFCE with compton (no DRI3 vsync), and Gnome (no DRI3 vsync). But TearFree works fine on all. Gnome on the Fedora 21 livecd has tearing too (I didn't try an updated install).

Comment

I just ordered one also!

I selected the upgraded IPS monitor.

I want to install Fedora F21. Any advice on how to proceed?

1. Did you install via USB stick?

2. I've never had to deal with UEFI before now. Did you turn it off in the bios?

3. Did you set it up multi-boot with windows (which it comes with)? I'm thinking to leave windows on a minimal partition (40G/256?).
                    I believe F21 install should included the tool to resize the ntfs partition.

Any other installation hints?

Comment

Originally posted by nbecker View Post
                      I selected the upgraded IPS monitor.

I want to install Fedora F21. Any advice on how to proceed?

1. Did you install via USB stick?

2. I've never had to deal with UEFI before now. Did you turn it off in the bios?

3. Did you set it up multi-boot with windows (which it comes with)? I'm thinking to leave windows on a minimal partition (40G/256?).
                      I believe F21 install should included the tool to resize the ntfs partition.

Any other installation hints?
                      I am a recent returnee to Linux and more specifically Fedora..Mostly due to the articles here. I have the i5 with 8GB, 256GB SSD and the HiDPI IPS non touch screen. The only distro I had success with UEFI dual booting was F21. My steps below based on many articles out there.
                      1. resize the main Windows partition leaving free space( I left ~75GB free). I used windows disk management
                      2. I disabled secure boot in the BIOS.
                      3. The only way i could get F21 to UEFI boot properly was by using the Fedora Live USB creator windows application to create a USB image to boot and install from.
                      4. I let F21 auto partition as it had properly detected the free space on the drive.

After that all good. Scaling on the hidpi screen seems to work well. Manually adjusting Firefox scaling works...no real solution for chrome yet. Onelink-pro dock seems to work very well although I have yet to connect any external monitors.

Comment

Working...
                      X