Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Tests Are Coming Of The New Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Broadwell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veeableful
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Was checking out the XPS13 more this morning.... Looks decent quality and didn't realize the new one is carbon fiber too. I'd even be willing to consider it a bit given that there's the 8GB RAM model available now while the ThinkPad X1 Carbon initially has just the 4GB model available, but it doesn't look like it will ship until 26th at least.
    Another thing I just recalled is that Dell mentioned working with Microsoft for the precision touchpad. I hope that doesn't mean anything bad in terms of Linux support.. although I'm willing to deal with it until the kernel supports it, if it doesn't already

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by veeableful View Post
    That may be it, although build quality never bothered me much. If the build is just as good as the Samsung Chromebook 2 (Intel) that I have right now, I'd be a happy person. I prefer its keyboard to my previous MBA.
    Was checking out the XPS13 more this morning.... Looks decent quality and didn't realize the new one is carbon fiber too. I'd even be willing to consider it a bit given that there's the 8GB RAM model available now while the ThinkPad X1 Carbon initially has just the 4GB model available, but it doesn't look like it will ship until 26th at least.

Leave a comment:

• veeableful
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Build quality not as good as ThinkPads?
    That may be it, although build quality never bothered me much. If the build is just as good as the Samsung Chromebook 2 (Intel) that I have right now, I'd be a happy person. I prefer its keyboard to my previous MBA.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    The new XPS 13 is what caught my eye from CES.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by veeableful View Post
    It seems to have more powerful CPU and GPU, much longer battery life, higher resolution screen, cheaper, lighter, has card reader etc.. I seriously can't find any real flaw in it.
    Build quality not as good as ThinkPads?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by aphirst View Post
    Does this new line feature the "return of the physical TrackPoint mouse buttons" that was heralded elsewhere?
    Yes, the new X1 Carbon does!

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    The one and only thing that keeps me from buying a Lenovo, HP, Toshiba or Panasonic notebook is the blasted BIOS / EFI whitelist that they use to block installation of my own WiFi cards.

I guess from now on it's either Acer, ASUS, Dell, Clevo or unbranded China notebooks sold on online stores. I have lost faith in Fujitsu notebooks for a while already.

Leave a comment:

• veeableful
    replied
    Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
    Seems these days it's cheaper to buy a MacBook Pro
    Can't find any laptop that brought to MacBook's configuration is cheaper than it... What to say of the build quality...
    I'm really looking forward to Dell's new XPS 13. http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9343-laptop.

It seems to have more powerful CPU and GPU, much longer battery life, higher resolution screen, cheaper, lighter, has card reader etc.. I seriously can't find any real flaw in it.

Leave a comment:

• aphirst
    replied
    I have to say, I'm really disappointed to hear about the RAM being soldered to the motherboard. It's like Lenovo don't want me to upgrade from my X220 /w IPS screen and mSATA SSD... Which is a shame, because I'm very keen to move to Broadwell hardware, especially given the prospective performance of their new generation of iGPUs.

Does this new line feature the "return of the physical TrackPoint mouse buttons" that was heralded elsewhere? If so, a step back in the right direction at least, but the chiclet keyboard remains a let-down.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    I use Gentoo, I'm willing to spend but I would like a quad core Broadwell ultrabook. Any hints?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X