Jolla Tablet Could Have Upgrades For MicroSDHC, Split Screen, 3.5G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrenochrome View Post
    split screen goal sounds strange since the multitasking view already allow to directly control apps. $250,000 for a feature already having most of his code written ?
    This is a UI and design effort. All platforms can run multiple applications in parallel. They need to find and implement efficient and meaningful ways to deal with both one and two apps on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
      This is a UI and design effort. All platforms can run multiple applications in parallel. They need to find and implement efficient and meaningful ways to deal with both one and two apps on screen.
      i was not referring to other platforms but to what jolla is already able to do
      the "multitasking" part of the pitch show and say :

You can also control Sailfish OS apps directly from the multitasking view – for example, change your music or play and pause your video stream without opening the app in full.
      so for me it sound like a split-in-six view with some kind of zoomed out overlayed render is already working, so i was just saying that a split-in-two view seems to be pretty close

Comment

Yea, that SD card reader upgrade has me confused as well. There is no reason to say that it will be able to use SD cards up to 128 GiB. None. The card readers that can read more than 32 GiB are SDXC standard. The SDXC standard demands that the readers be able to read up to 2 TiB cards. So it's a waste to state that it would support up to 128 GiB, when in reality it supports up to 2 TiB!

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Please vote here for Jolla to revise that stretch goal: https://together.jolla.com/question/...tent-licenses/
          Thanks. I didn't know about those but now I've voted.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Yea, that SD card reader upgrade has me confused as well. There is no reason to say that it will be able to use SD cards up to 128 GiB. None. The card readers that can read more than 32 GiB are SDXC standard. The SDXC standard demands that the readers be able to read up to 2 TiB cards. So it's a waste to state that it would support up to 128 GiB, when in reality it supports up to 2 TiB!
            This is pretty common in phones and tablets. You usually can squash a bigger SD card than mentioned.
            I think it boils down to testing and support. They doesn't want to test bigger cards and if they don't test it
            they doesn't want to support it. If you insert a bigger card and things go south it's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by adrenochrome View Post
              i was not referring to other platforms but to what jolla is already able to do
              the "multitasking" part of the pitch show and say :
              You can also control Sailfish OS apps directly from the multitasking view ? for example, change your music or play and pause your video stream without opening the app in full.
              so for me it sound like a split-in-six view with some kind of zoomed out overlayed render is already working, so i was just saying that a split-in-two view seems to be pretty close
              I have a jolla phone, so I know what the multitasking view can do

Still has nothing to help a good mechanism for switching between full app and half app. It's still a completely different UI use case.

Comment

Working...
              X