Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolla Launches Tablet With Sailfish OS 2.0

Phoronix: Jolla Launches Tablet With Sailfish OS 2.0

Jolla has delivered on their teased new device as the "Jolla Tablet" as an exciting tablet running Sailfish OS 2.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've ordered mine! But I am a bit disappointed in my Jolla phone, so they have a lot to deliver on for the tablet to be "as good as their competitors". Better stability, improved usability and more functionality.

Comment

Regards GPU acceleration...

Unless it does not stay in bed with phukkin crippled IP tainted PowerVR chip, it might eventually become my first tablet ever. As for Nokia N1, it's a potential TRAP. Better go the other way.. http://neo900.org/

Comment

Is there any hope it has intel HD graphics? I suspect it has Powervr which means it's pure shit from hacking pov. F*CK you imagination Technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
          Is there any hope it has intel HD graphics? I suspect it has Powervr which means it's pure shit from hacking pov. F*CK you imagination Technologies.
          There is hope. Several Bay Trail processors have a burst frequency of 1.8 GHz and are quad-core, plus some people close to Jolla said that it's different from the Nokia tablet in its graphics (however the hardware may be subject to change).

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            I've ordered mine! But I am a bit disappointed in my Jolla phone, so they have a lot to deliver on for the tablet to be "as good as their competitors". Better stability, improved usability and more functionality.
            Unless it does not stay in bed with phukkin crippled IP tainted PowerVR chip, it might eventually become my first tablet ever.
            I've never seen a point with a surf tablet to be honest, so this will be my first one as well.

Comment

First off, I was wrong. I was convinced it was a Nokia manufactured Jolla branded phone or a other manufacturer from China.
              Secondly I think this is not an either or situation and also this is the right direction for them to go in right now. They are after all a software oriented company.
              Thirdly holy crap! It's like 6:30am in California and I just spent maybe 4 minutes reading the comments on the indiegogo capaign and it jumped 6 thousand dollars when I refreshed the screen.

Comment

I just went to take a shower, before I left it was at 533,000 usd, when I came out of the shower and put my clothes on and sat down and hit refresh it was at 553,000! This is very fast moving group funding.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
                  I just went to take a shower, before I left it was at 533,000 usd, when I came out of the shower and put my clothes on and sat down and hit refresh it was at 553,000! This is very fast moving group funding.
                  You haven't seen the start, it was even faster then!

Comment

Sadly it is not available in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                    X