No announcement yet.

Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No details of international release from what I can see, no prices in Euros or GBP. Come on Google, you're leveraging our tax laws to their fullest to make piles of money, throw us Europeans a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
      I wish laptop manufacturers would enter the display race in these times when they still sell laptops with 1366x768 screens
      They run Windows, which cannot handle DPI changes. Thus, they do not innovate. Look at how Chromebooks are pushing 1080p displays at $300 and 13.3", where to get one of those on any other kind of notebook costs $1000 or more at 14" or more.

I wish Google would come up with a solution for people that can't stream all their media. There must be some way to get sdcards to work.
      The solution has to be "don't buy their stuff". I got a Galaxy S4 over a Nexus 5 strictly due to the sd storage, and I have 80GB (16 + 64) filled up. Gonna have to put Paranoid Android on it some time soon because it won't get the L update. There is no real world limitation on Google preventing them from giving users replaceable batteries, sd card slots, or hdmi outputs, but they intentionally do not out of a desire for profit and that in reality only a small segment of their potential audience cares.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
        The Snapdragon 805 is a 32-bit processor based on the ARM Cortex-A15, not 64-bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcom...Snapdragon_805
        Noticed that error too. Makes the Nexus 6 less attractive, and rather old regarding its CPU. Probbly better to get the 64bit Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Comment

6 inch screen. Phone. Beyond stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
            There is no real world limitation on Google preventing them from giving users replaceable batteries, sd card slots, or hdmi outputs, but they intentionally do not out of a desire for profit and that in reality only a small segment of their potential audience cares.
            They've said prior that they don't do expandable storage because they don't think it makes for a good user experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              The real point is the bigger the phone the cheaper it is to make, but they aren't reducing the price.

Comment

Set top box

Only even remotely interesting device announced today by Google is 99$ set top Android box even I don't think it will be good as I don't believe SoC is up to date...
                The new Nexus line is real disappointment in many ways (phablet SoC & tablet price).
                I am not crazy to give 500$ for Nexus 9 with LTE!
                Why don't you cover Cube T7? With MT6752 SoC, decent enough specs 2x LTE...
                Rumor is that Xiami is preparing Ubuntu phone to work with same SoC. If its true it will be relatively easily portable to all devices with same SoC.
                Forgot to mention that Cube's T7 price tag is 163$. T7 is just first to come.

Comment

why oh way did they had to make the nexus 9 display 4:3 -.-

this is the only thing that may stop me from buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    I've gotta admit, I really don't get why people want such big phones. I don't like iPhones one bit but their sizing was just right. I've got an old 4.3 inch display on my HTC Sensation and I have major issues using the phone with one hand. If I'm reading in bed I drop it on myself all the time. Then again, it might be the very rounded casing on the phone.

Then again, I don't use my phone for much. Calendar, email, browsing, owncloud sync, and some various other F-Droid apps. that's pretty much it. So perhaps my use case is too... clerical to be really indicative of the general population's usage. I don't really play games or watch movies on phones.
                    Last edited by drspinderwalf; 15 October 2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

the nexus 6 is $650 and has no micro sd slot, it is a joke.

The nexus tv box thing has nice hardware but it has no ethernet port otherwise it could have make a nice cheap small linux pc when used with a usb hub. Technically you could put a usb to ethernet device into a usb hub but that it getting pretty annoying. The amazon fire tv would make a great linux box but they keep releasing firmware updates to block people's rooting attempts, it is unlikely that google would do the same.

The nexus 9 looks very nice and has a nice price ($399), but no micro sd, shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X