Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 Announced

Phoronix: Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 Announced

Google has out a slew of announcements today concerning Android and its Nexus product line...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
    When will this display size race stop - when the smartphones don't fit neither in your pocket nor in your hand?

Comment

nexus 9
      *drooooooools*

woooooow
      K1... think of the things that beast could do...

On one hand, I reaaaaaally wan't one on which to install ubuntu. On the other, I'd rather wait for a tablet running it stock. And on my foot, I'm worried that there may never be one of them. :'(

Comment

Phoneronix

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        Nope. But phone companies do not know what else can be puted inside smartphone.
        When will this display size race stop - when the smartphones don't fit neither in your pocket nor in your hand?
        It won't stop(see above). 6 inches is more like phablet than smartphone.

Comment

I wish laptop manufacturers would enter the display race in these times when they still sell laptops with 1366x768 screens

Comment

Is there a minimum hardware compatibility list? In particular, what version of OpenGL ES does it guarantee? Does it guarantee VP9 hardware encode/decode?

Comment

sdcard

I wish Google would come up with a solution for people that can't stream all their media. There must be some way to get sdcards to work.

Comment

Prices for the unlocked versions?

Comment

The Nexus 9 that was finally announced today is an HTC-manufactured device and meets the other speculations set by earlier rumors. The Nexus 9 has a 2048 x 1440 8.9-inch display, 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB storage options, and perhaps most exciting for us is that it features NVIDIA's Tegra K1 SoC. The Tegra K1 SoC is my most favorite ARM System-on-a-Chip at the moment with offering stellar CPU performance and excellent graphics via its Kepler derived GPU core. The Nexus 9 will be available via retail channels in early November.
                  ...And it's a 64bit dual core denver variant of tegra k1. I would love to see more than 2GB of ram though.

Comment

This new high-end Nexus smart-phone uses a 64-bit Snapdragon 805 processor by Qualcomm.
                    The Snapdragon 805 is a 32-bit processor based on the ARM Cortex-A15, not 64-bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcom...Snapdragon_805

Comment

Working...
                    X