Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS EA3 For The Google Nexus 4 Adds The Jolla Store

Phoronix: Sailfish OS EA3 For The Google Nexus 4 Adds The Jolla Store

The third "early adopter" release of Jolla's Sailfish OS platform is now available for Google's Nexus 4 "Mako" smart-phone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Hardware Adoption Kit should be around the corner, too.

Hello guys, I just got an awesome e-mail from Jolla. I think they don't mind posting it here for everyone interested to see, it even mentioned this forum. If anyone feels I'm sharing confidential stuff, please PM me :P Here it is: Dear early...

Stskeeps i need to do some finishing touches then if we're lucky, it may come out with next n4 image..
    Should make it easy to make a Sailfish OS port for everything that has a CM 10.2 rom.

Comment

So is Sailfish on the Nexus on feature partiy with Sailfish on Jolla phones, or are there features that are only supported on Jolla phones?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
        So is Sailfish on the Nexus on feature partiy with Sailfish on Jolla phones, or are there features that are only supported on Jolla phones?
        Release notes http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...eased-t2667622

Comment

Article about some update for the Google Nexus, but no article about how Jolla is now planning a new phone?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
            You can't run any Android apps on SailfishOS on the N4, because that requires AlienDalivk which Jolla licensed from MyriadGroup from the Jolla Phoe. I wonder why nobody ever came up with an open implemetation of what AlienDalivk does.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              but no article about how Jolla is now planning a new phone?
              That sounds interesting.

Someone with decent Finish language skills to help through the original interview ?
              Other sources about this ?

I'm considering upgrading my phone soon-ish, I'm definitely interested in Jolla phones.
              I like the whole full GNU/linux + support for Android apps + support for QT apps + support for HTML5 apps, and I like the "other half" concept - seems one of the last way to be sure to get a real hardware keyboard, a requirement for guys with huge hands like me (girls like them. tiny phone touch screens, not so much...)

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
                Someone with decent Finish language skills to help through the original interview ?
                Actually, I managed to find an english translation or the interview myself.

Sound interesting, probably next year.

Comment

Working...
                X