X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by souenzzo View Post
    I'm still trying to buy one.
    There is a better phone than the N900?
    I will not consider your response if it does not have a QWERTY.
    Have you looked at Jolla? http://jolla.com The other half is where it will come in. There's already been a batch made but the person responsible isn't making any more.

Re: N900. I have two atm, I might consider selling one. I was thinking of holding onto it for the neo but if your truly interested...

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      I fail to understand why people waste their time on such things. Is anyone still using this phone?
      Yes, me.

Comment

Still is using mine, too! Wouldn't mind a Jolla aa well, though.
        Hi

Comment

Another happy N900 user here, after 4 years it's still working well, even survived a spilled water incident! I have been considering replacing it but so far all other options feel like a compromise, apart from the obvious increase of cpu and ram.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
            I fail to understand why people waste their time on such things. Is anyone still using this phone?
            yes. back in march i switched from a nexus 4 to the n900. only things i miss from the n4 are the wireless charging, loads of (wasted) ram, and unofficial lte support.

Comment

Originally posted by tvall View Post
              yes. back in march i switched from a nexus 4 to the n900. only things i miss from the n4 are the wireless charging, loads of (wasted) ram, and unofficial lte support.
              I wonder if he's still failing =D
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by amp3030 View Post
                Is it?
                Nope. There are plenty of modems that can talk using standard serial interface (or serial-via-USB) and AT commands, and those are always well-supported in GNU/Linux. Of course phones like Neo1973, Neo Freerunner, GTA04 or Neo900 use modems like that.

N900 uses Nokia's proprietary BB5 modem which uses ISI interface. This modem was widely used in lots of Nokia phones, not only smartphones, but nowhere outside of Nokia.

Comment

Working...
                X