X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chinese phones yeeeeeey

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      I am growing tired of announcements that includes no information other than "we are going to do it this year". What kind of specs are we expecting? What kind of pricing? Are they going to have docking stations and work as a desktop in your pocket?
      I don't think we'll see anything revolutionary, bq (I've just looked at their products) sells low/mid end smartphones, I found their fastest phone listed in futuremark mobile and is definitely not in the high end segment (http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/m...ris+5.7/review).
      I guess pricing will be what is listed on bq webpage already (they sell Android phones now) since I understand they are just going to install Ubuntu on their current phones (?Ubuntu?s ongoing success on PCs, as well as the huge support it has gained for its mobile proposition provides the best opportunity to bring an alternative platform to market on our hardware,? Alberto Mendez, CEO)

Comment

I lol'd at high end european devices. Yes, bq is an european company, it is one of the about 8-10 Spanish smartphone manufacturers. I don't see many differences between the smartphones from Spanish companies and small Chinese companies. I suspect many of this companies just put the money and the smartphone is designed and manufactured in China. With bq, I am not sure, but in general with this companies you get an android with chinese chipset, and without android updates.

The current flagship from this company is the bq aquaris 5 hd. It is about 200 euro. I would compare it with the Xiaomi Hongmi.

Comment

Originally posted by fedesog View Post
          I don't think we'll see anything revolutionary, bq (I've just looked at their products) sells low/mid end smartphones, I found their fastest phone listed in futuremark mobile and is definitely not in the high end segment (http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/m...ris+5.7/review).
          I guess pricing will be what is listed on bq webpage already (they sell Android phones now) since I understand they are just going to install Ubuntu on their current phones (?Ubuntu?s ongoing success on PCs, as well as the huge support it has gained for its mobile proposition provides the best opportunity to bring an alternative platform to market on our hardware,? Alberto Mendez, CEO)
          Meizu make some pretty good quality and high-end devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
            BQ is Chinese manufacturer
            Both are.

Comment

I was actually happy to hear these news.
              My wife has a bq Aquaris 4.5. I got it for 160? soon after launch.
              It is by no means a high end phone, but it is sturdy, and does not have a "cheap" feel. The performance and battery life are quite OK too.
              Another good point for bq was the way the updated android on the phone. It started out as a 4.0 device, but got all the updates up to 4.2.2. It's more than I can say for many other known brand phones. Last December it got a bugfix firmware update, which means that they did not drop support for it yet, even after one year.

If they keep this up I'm more than willing to give their Ubuntu phone a shot.

Comment

Sorry, this is off-topic, but is there any chance that clicking on the comments link could point to the first page of comments as it was before, and not the last comment? It?s really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Sorry, this is off-topic, but is there any chance that clicking on the comments link could point to the first page of comments as it was before, and not the last comment? It?s really annoying.
                  Click the little blue icon, it will take you to the last unread comment.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    Click the little blue icon, it will take you to the last unread comment.
                    I?m not seeing any blue icon, and I don?t want the last unread comment but the first page of comments?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      I?m not seeing any blue icon, and I don?t want the last unread comment but the first page of comments?
                      Oh, you mean the article on the main site, not the forums... Yea, it has an explicit "go to new post" appended to the end of the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X