Jolla's Smartphone Launches Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Did anyone else laugh when the one guy hung-up/ignored his mom's call?
    Yes

Comment

Sounds interesting, I like the design of the phone and I like the fact that it can run Android apps. I wonder about the software keyboard though. Does it have functionality similar to Swype found on Samsung devices, and in multiple languages? If not then it's a no go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        I've ordered and payed for mine, but I'll have to wait at least 2-3 weeks before I get it delivered! I'm waaaaaiitiiiiiing!
        Me too! Hoping it'll arrive sooner rather than later! :-)

Comment

Just release a flashable image for my GSM Galaxy Nexus already!

Comment

These should work with it.
            MOGA Mobile Gaming | Play Your Way Premium materials. Must-have features. World-class ergonomics and design. This is Mobile Gaming by PowerA. This is MOGA.

Comment

First guy to upload an unboxing

Comment

Awesome, if a QWERTY slideout keyboard comes out as an Other Half attachment, I may get this phone. Even better if the attachment provides a second battery for the phone as well. I've read that the attachment has connections for I2C, power in and power out from possibly a battery inside the slideout keyboard.

Hoping to see how stable and usable the OS and phone is as a smartphone and all the things you can do with it that you can't or hard to do on Android. I still need to look up how easy it is to use systemd to run Bash scripts based on events though.

Comment

Originally posted by guido12 View Post
                  Does the Sailfish OS have a terminal app and does it run a Bash shell? Does it also have the usual command line tools found on typical desktop Linux distros or can they be installed easily? I'd like to automate stuff using simple Bash scripts. Maybe run some via a cron job.
                  Yes:

The only problem with it, that it's old bash. The old one is maintained for the sake of those Mer vendors who are afraid of GPLv3 (all the anti TiVoisation business and etc.), but Jolla ins't afraid, so I have no clue why the old Bash is preinstalled.
                  Last edited by shmerl; 28 November 2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    Yes:

The only problem with it, that it's old bash. The old one is maintained for the sake of those Mer vendors who are afraid of GPLv3 (all the anti TiVoisation business and etc.), but Jolla ins't afraid, so I have no clue why the old Bash is preinstalled.
                    That is one butt-ugly keyboard. Very poor layout.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
                      I'm still unsure of whether you can simply load an .APK.
                      Yes. For example, I wen't to f-droid.org and downloaded the client .apk and it installed fine. After that I could install stuff from f-droid. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X