Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    They would have to spend 20mill in advertizing before this campaign would it it's goal. Or they can just let it expire and Shuttleworth can foot the bill. I suspect the latter is what will happen. I have no doubt this product will be made one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• akincer
    replied
    Oh it's still possible, but only if some big players jump in and buy the crap out of it.

Also if they extend the campaign by a month or two they could make it.

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Yeah to bad he already said during the reddit IAMA that he won't do it since it would totally miss the point of the campaign.
    shuttleworth has never been known to lie
    ever

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by peppercats View Post
    because they can
    because all that has to happen is shuttleworth fund the rest himself(which would result in a net profit gain after indiegogo takes their cut)
    you realize how much shuttleworth is worth, right?
    Yeah to bad he already said during the reddit IAMA that he won't do it since it would totally miss the point of the campaign. So it's just delusional fanboys being totally irrational as always.

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    The funny thing is that there are still some delusional fanboys that post comments like "They can still make it!". Don't know if I should laugh or cry at this level of fanboyism.
    because they can
    because all that has to happen is shuttleworth fund the rest himself(which would result in a net profit gain after indiegogo takes their cut)
    you realize how much shuttleworth is worth, right?

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    This campaign isnt going to reach it's goal, but I suspect Shuttleworth will fork up the money to begin production anyway.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    The funny thing is that there are still some delusional fanboys that post comments like "They can still make it!". Don't know if I should laugh or cry at this level of fanboyism.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Ubuntu Edge At $11M With Less Than Three Days Left

Ubuntu Edge At $11M With Less Than Three Days Left

Phoronix: Ubuntu Edge At $11M With Less Than Three Days Left

There's only two and a half days left to Canonical's Ubuntu Edge crowd-funding campaign for building a high-end smart-phone running Ubuntu. Unfortunately, the campaign is still about twenty million dollars short of its $32M goal...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQzOTg
Working...
X