Ubuntu Edge Is Up To $9 Million USD In Funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
    Why was Mir even started? Whoops, did that come out loud?
    i did point out some of who Mir was even started

No need to wonder, just look to Nokia... One thing is for sure, you just cannot be too paranoid in this business.
    i miss Nokia they use to make the best phones known to man that was a shame

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
      Can you be any more idiotic or predictable in your response

The funny part is you somehow think an EVIL conspiracy is going on by hiring an x Microsoft employee. Rick Spencer values freedom and transparency and has actively advocated ubuntu to be more open and community driven.

OMG, Redhat and Novell have done the same thing, what a travesty!

The stupid it burns !!!!!!!
      The sad part is how so many Ubuntu die hard fans do not let their eyes see what is actually going on at Canonical.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        i did point out some of who Mir was even started

i miss Nokia they use to make the best phones known to man that was a shame
        Then you know why supporting Canonical is a bad thing for FLOSS.

Go RedHat! Go Debian! And I pray for SUSE to drop their ties with MS so I can use my fantastic openSUSE without shame.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I hope phone manufacturers are watching and hearing about Ubuntu Edge.

So even if it fails, the other companies listen to the demands.
          sorry to sound blund, but what demands ? they on 1072 + 1 + 115 ubuntu edge phones sold now in a 1.75 billion units market in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Xilanaz View Post
            sorry to sound blund, but what demands ? they on 1072 + 1 + 115 ubuntu edge phones sold now in a 1.75 billion units market in 2012
            Actually the number of phones "sold" is somewhere around 12-15k I think. Still relatively insignificant by industry standards, but this is more of a proof of concept phone, not a phone that was designed for mass production.
            Last edited by randomizer; 10 August 2013, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Qt is full Open Source

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              Far as i know Rick Spencer is the one who started the Qt partnership Qt is freeware aka "proprietary"

Wow, I just had to reset my password to be able to login again to answer this lie.

Qt is full Open Source, available under LGPL ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(framework) ).
              You can also buy a properitar licence, but that doesn't make it less Open Source. It helps spreading Qt in the commercial world and generating money for it's development. A UI-(and more) library with no commercial version is hard to develop because you get no money (see GTK, missing manpower).

Comment

Originally posted by akincer View Post
                There's two main communities in the Linux world -- end users and developers -- and, while there is some overlap obviously, end users is who Canonical is going after and THOSE folks, by and large, don't see Canonical as some kind of community alienator. Sure, some do, but I don't really see any evidence that a sizeable portion do.
                You are clearly attempting to do damage control just like DanL...

Look Canonical has alienated people who are influential and outside contributors to Ubuntu with closeness. FOSS users and conservative users with Unity and Dash. These are the facts you cant disprove them. Only problem is that we lack numbers so no one can say how much is Ubuntu damaging to FOSS landscape.
                How are targeting these new users ? I havent seen any adds or advertising or even product placement. Computers are still not preinstalled with Ubuntu. And in which way is Ubuntu supposed to be attractive to Windows users Unity? thats a turnoff has full GUI nope. Ubuntu touch has single corporate sponsor...

So whatever is Canonical doing the results arent visible

Comment

The sad part is how so many Ubuntu die hard fans do not let their eyes see what is actually going on at Canonical.
                  So pointing out a blatant Canonical trolls scaremongering bullshit is being a fanboy bahhahahahahaha
                  You are more moronic than Linuxgamer !!!

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
                  You are clearly attempting to do damage control just like DanL...

Look Canonical has alienated people who are influential and outside contributors to Ubuntu with closeness. FOSS users and conservative users with Unity and Dash. These are the facts you cant disprove them.
                  The only fact is canonical went their own direction with unity now mir. This alienates Ubuntu developers/users as much as the changes made with KDE and gnome over the years. Don't like it then don't bloody use it.While most are getting on with the job, others whine like babies acting like they have a scar for life, and need to spend every minute telling everyone how wronged they have been.

Only problem is that we lack numbers so no one can say how much is Ubuntu damaging to FOSS landscape.
                  They are not damaging anything they are simply taking another route as they are free to do

How are targeting these new users ? I havent seen any adds or advertising or even product placement.
                  Because you have never seen doesn't mean they dont exist.
                  Computers are still not preinstalled with Ubuntu.
                  Yes they are, that's not to say others aren't, simply your full of shit.

And in which way is Ubuntu supposed to be attractive to Windows users Unity?
                  Just because you don't like Unity doesn't mean others will have such a passionate hate for it.

Ubuntu touch has single corporate sponsor...
                  Really?? I guess imbeciles will use any excuse to justify their hatred

So whatever is Canonical doing the results aren't visible
                  In my country I don't see ARCH or FEDORA or anyone else getting anywhere near the same coverage as ubuntu does in windows oriented PC magazines. Ubuntu has been promoted to windows users for years and years via said magazines. With every Ubuntu release several PC magazines give out a free ubuntu live cds and encourage windows users to try it.

Obviously you go through life with your eyes shut tight

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
                    So pointing out a blatant Canonical trolls scaremongering bullshit is being a fanboy bahhahahahahaha
                    You are more moronic than Linuxgamer !!!
                    The only fact is canonical went their own direction with unity now mir. This alienates Ubuntu developers/users as much as the changes made with KDE and gnome over the years. Don't like it then don't bloody use it.While most are getting on with the job, others whine like babies acting like they have a scar for life, and need to spend every minute telling everyone how wronged they have been.
                    They are not damaging anything they are simply taking another route as they are free to do
                    Because you have never seen doesn't mean they dont exist.
                    Yes they are, that's not to say others aren't, simply your full of shit.

Just because you don't like Unity doesn't mean others will have such a passionate hate for it.
                    Really?? I guess imbeciles will use any excuse to justify their hatred
                    In my country I don't see ARCH or FEDORA or anyone else getting anywhere near the same coverage as ubuntu does in windows oriented PC magazines. Ubuntu has been promoted to windows users for years and years via said magazines. With every Ubuntu release several PC magazines give out a free ubuntu live cds and encourage windows users to try it.
                    Obviously you go through life with your eyes shut tight
                    more damage control? theres what 4-5 of you? magazines that give out a free ubuntu live cds are paid too 95% of the time

Here in the USA many people don't even know what Ubuntu is we don't really have any AD's i have not seen any shops selling Ubuntu PC's here in the Parts of the UK you see that
                    Many know what Fedora or Redhat is they also know what Mac OSX, Windows, and, Andriod is
                    by the way how do you justify your hatred?

Comment

#DDF420

So i made up: Patch rejection from non-Canonical Compiz contributor ,Dash backslash ,Gradual Canonical closing ,FSF and users Dash backslash ,CLAs

The fact that we are having this conversation is proof of problem between FOSS community and Canonical

MS Azure support ,breaking promises alienation of FOSS community is kinda big sign...

Emperors new clothes

I stand corrected however i had in mind big OEMs not mostly Linux specialized vendors for example Acer ships non-Windows laptops with Linpus how come that this is acceptable , HP ships with SLED ,Other Laptop OEMs rather choose FreeDOS than Ubuntu

Look people dont like to change their habits if anything had Windows 8 taught us it is this. I made test on people whom i converted to Linux I showed them KDE and Unity screenshots and guess which DE they choose...

Nope it only identifies you as Troll and Canonical failure to attract corporate backup of their platform.

Look Canonical is presenting themselves as biggest pusher of desktop Linux but in reality results are just not visible.

People who buy those magazines will never switch to Linux use Windows because Linux doesnt offer them programs they need (CAD,Photoshop) and tools they use (3D mark)

Listen you are preaching to the choir. Most people here are already using Linux go to Technet or somewhere else and try to convert people there thats much better way how to help Canonical. Your trolling here will change nothing face it.

Comment

Working...
                      X