Canonical Releases Ubuntu SDK Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Why is WebGL and HTML5/cloud considered amazing by most people on this forum when associated with chrome, firefox, google, sailfish, gnome, ect. But slow and awful when associated with Ubuntu? If I had the time, I bet I could go through your history and find where you were 100% gun-hoe on WebGL and HTML5/cloud tech for some other tech provider. (This is your moment to do so and start trolling BO$$, we both know you want too)

Admit it, your just anti-ubuntu and your grasping for straws.
    Actually I'm pretty sure those of us against HTML5/Cloud have consistently been against them for use with applications from the beginning, however there is the group that on the other hand lauds the use of such things.

Personally I think web browsers and HTML are absolutely awful platforms for writing applications, sure you get compatibility with everything that has a web browser but you're building everything ontop off of a poorly designed and loose specification that says that the webpage must always load. if XHMTL2 had actually gone through things might be different, but I'd still be against it because I'm against the cloud, and server-client as opposed to p2p architecture as a general rule. And I stand by this and use native clients for everything I can get away with (unfortunately haven't found a good client application to replace actually visiting youtube with yet). But on the other hand you have the cloudies who are going to push it as if it was the best thing ever as they continue to try to make the web browser an OS onto itself.

Comment

Working...
    X