X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
    the higher the resolution the more image noice in the pictures. Image noice is bad

A 100 EUR compact camera can produce better results than a 700 EUR smartphone.
    I don't profess to be an expert in this area. What I do know is that my S4 13 MP camera produces noticeably better pictures than a 10MP camera I've used before. In my mind, 13 > 10 > 8 but as long as the camera produces great quality photos, I'm good.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
    the higher the resolution the more image noice in the pictures. Image noice is bad
    But you can still bin.

Leave a comment:

• Fenrin
    replied
    Originally posted by akincer View Post
    My only disappointment with the specs so far is the 8MP rear camera. I'd like to see that quite a bit higher.
    [...]

A 100 EUR compact camera can produce better results than a 700 EUR smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• e8hffff
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Haha true. The Planetary Resources kickstarter made 500.000 the first day of their 1 million goal with the highest stretch-goal being 2 million.. They did not reach that stretch goal in 30 days. Was a bit disappointed. Some games raised 3-4 million. I thought there are more space enthusiast out there.
    I think most of us got onto the wrong footing in that we are thinking about the developer price rather than the $20 add. What is this special status 'founder', which hasn't been defined for its benefits.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Please stop spreading this nonsense about camera megapixels

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.
    Last edited by Ramiliez; 22 July 2013, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by doctoren View Post
    For the record I would have no problem backing this problem if it weren't for this ridiculous goal.
    I can't think of sinle growdfunding project getting anything in that ballpark.
    While I fully sympathize with people to "think big", this might be a symptom of presumption and delusion of grandeur.
    Well, after all we're talking about Canonical... Doesn't surprise me.

Really.

Leave a comment:

• doctoren
    replied
    Originally posted by Massa View Post
    Ouya was $100, this is $600. They're hoping to get three times the money but they need half as many people to buy it to succeed.
    Your math is a little rusty I'm affraid. The Ubuntu Edge is only $600 for the first 24 hours. If the $600 were fixed it would mean that they would need close to 54,000 people backing this project that is only 10k less than Ouya which costs a 1/6th of the Ubuntu Edge. I don't think that many people are willing to spend $600 (or $830 for that matter) on a project which basically is a developer phone which can run Ubuntu.

For the record I would have no problem backing this problem if it weren't for this ridiculous goal. I can't think of sinle growdfunding project getting anything in that ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Haha true. The Planetary Resources kickstarter made 500.000 the first day of their 1 million goal with the highst stretchgoal being 2 million.. They did not reach that strech goal in 30 days. Was a bit dissapointed. Some games raised 3-4 million. I thougt there are more space enthusiast out there.
    Last edited by blackout23; 22 July 2013, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by peppercats View Post
    Checked this earlier and it was at $300,000. Surprised to see it at $1.2m already. Looks like this may get funded, neat.

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    Checked this earlier and it was at $300,000. Surprised to see it at $1.2m already. Looks like this may get funded, neat.
    Still well above what I'd ever pay for a portable device that isn't a laptop considering I have very little use for them outside of ereading and talking... something a $99 device can do pretty well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X