- As mentioned above, the poorly performing Ethernet is show-stopper for me. I have my media on a home server (currently served through NFS, so hooking up android would be a pain). Without the ability to set the buffer size (which is often small or zero in many players), I need to move at least 40 Mbps reliably.
Seems to work fine for me, and I'm a heavy ethernet user myself (nfs root). The general consensus is that this is a hack and not a real fix, some people are using other tweaks with or without success. Somebody just needs to get really annoyed by this issue and properly debug it.
- Video output problems - many, many issues:
- On Linaro, there seemed to be no way to configure the video output at runtime, to say nothing of output hotplug support. Has this changed?
- In Android, while the modesetting did work, the UI and most of the video players was always rendered to 16:9/16:10 ratio, resulting in distorted picture on my old SXGA monitor. I found only 1 player that didn't distort the video, and that player had poor subtitle support.
- In HDMI, I had the "black is purple" problem. I think this is caused by A2000 outputting YCbCr while the DVI-only monitor expects RGB (it certainly wasn't the cable - that works fine for RPi)
Also, what links? These are my experiences, and would love to report them to relevant people/project, but I don't know where I should complain - do you know where I should report these issues?