X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e8hffff
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I disagree that this is a let down. I think this is pretty cool actually. Even if we knew it was coming.

Yeah it's not a let down in that sense, but it was that I couldn't download the image to flash.

Leave a comment:

• Rigaldo
    replied
    What Wine and Crossover, he was talking about thin clients and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• godlike_panos
    replied
    It's not that bad. When users and developers start playing with it interesting things may happen.

What concerns me is the speed parameter. Google and Apple spent too much time to speed the UI where Ubuntu still runs on top of X11 with an un-maintained compositor. This doesn't look very promising.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Mark Jobs presents...

iBuntu, now with more spyware

Microsoft Office 2010 using Wine/CrossOver? LOL, he's showing clearly about not caring a shit about Free Software at all. He did not put LibreOffice in the video. It seems he's using rdesktop or something like that, but I find it quite anti-Linux in my opinion.

Also, how to run a X86 app on an ARM in an efficient way? This is just smoke and mirrors.
    Last edited by timofonic; 19 February 2013, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    I disagree that this is a let down. I think this is pretty cool actually. Even if we knew it was coming.

Leave a comment:

• zanny
    replied
    Groundbreaking news, the OS for phones is meant to go on tablets too.

I was expecting a hardware release announcement. Anything else is just smoke.

Also, every time Mark was talking about "clean, pretty, beautiful" I just wanted to facepalm so hard. Seriously, nobody cares. We care if apps are easy to develop, are functional, bugs and crashes are low, and it functions as a seamless desktop and mobile OS.
    Last edited by zanny; 19 February 2013, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Ubuntu For Tablets Announcement A Let Down

Ubuntu For Tablets Announcement A Let Down

Phoronix: Ubuntu For Tablets Announcement A Let Down

The countdown for the Ubuntu Tablet announcement that began yesterday is now over...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X