Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno Driver Gets Working Shader Assembler

Phoronix: Freedreno Driver Gets Working Shader Assembler

Freedreno, the reverse-engineered open-source Qualcomm Snapdragon graphics driver, continues to advance. The latest accomplishment of the Freedreno Linux driver is that it now has its own working shader assembler, which means Freedreno can now work without any binary blob dependence...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is excellent. I wonder how it compares in performance and capability to the binary blob.. hopefully it's good enough for general use on android phones

Comment

Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
      This is excellent. I wonder how it compares in performance and capability to the binary blob.. hopefully it's good enough for general use on android phones
      Perhaps that time will come, but sounds like it's still too soon to expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
        That point is not even close yet.

Comment

ah, I guess it's still new. I was under the impression that the fixed-pipeline implementation was already implemented, and now they're moving to shaders or something

I hope a lot more comes out of this, it'll be nice to be able to use newer versions of Android without having to be locked down by binary blob drivers that the manufacturers decide to stop updating

Comment

Working...
          X