Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ARMv7 Linux Performance Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VinzC View Post
    While the results look interesting there's something that puzzles me though: the first test has no frequency indication and the second is run @ 1.2 GHz... If there's already a difference in clocking speed comparing the two might prove meaningless.
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It's mentioned in the article about the missing cpufreq/clocking on pre-12.04. And in the earlier linked-to articles about the OMAP4460 (PandaBoard ES) upstream support changes.
    Glad you mention it. I was looking for a clear indication but could not find any. It's ok. Thanks a lot for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      It's mentioned in the article about the missing cpufreq/clocking on pre-12.04. And in the earlier linked-to articles about the OMAP4460 (PandaBoard ES) upstream support changes.
      I can't quite follow the conclusions though. Judging by the results, both 12.04 "unfixed" and 11.10 ran the cpu at around ~750Mhz (mostly going by byte benchmark which should scale linearly with clock probably). It looks like hardfp improved some benchmarks somewhat, but the clock impact is much much bigger (well hardfp doesn't affect benchmarks not using floats...).
      I agree though with what others were saying, a new comparison against atom (and bobcat) would be nice.

Comment

Working...
      X