Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizard69
    replied
    Thank god for this hiccup, the last thing we need is QT on iOS!

Really the title says it all. I'm not one to object to the efforts of others often but I really can't see any good coming from such a development. It isn't that QT is evil, that is another thread, but rather it is a UI SDK that is so far from iOS tht I can't ever see it working well and delivering apps users expect.

Leave a comment:

• phaikawl
    replied
    Using apple's?

How about using Apples's own javascript engine equivalence - Nitro for the job??
    Or reverting back to the good old engine used in Qt 4??

Leave a comment:

• ctwise
    replied
    Javascript interpreter requirement

The Javascript interpreter requirement is for 3rd party web browsers that download Javascript. If you bundle all scripts with the application you can use whatever interpreter you like. Same goes if you write the scripts on the device, e.g., the Codea app. I have no idea if that would make it acceptable for the QT 5 framework or not.

The code/data restrictions are much more serious though. It's not possible to work around that limitation. The iOS native Javascript is given a system exception but that's because Apple trusts their implementation. That trust isn't possible to gain for 3rd party interpreters.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Qt 5.0 On Apple iOS Might Be In Trouble

Qt 5.0 On Apple iOS Might Be In Trouble

Phoronix: Qt 5.0 On Apple iOS Might Be In Trouble

One of the targeted mobile platforms to target with Qt 5.0 has been Apple's iOS, but it looks like some technical problems may prevent Qt5 from coming to your iPhone or iPad...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X