Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb88
    replied
    Not to mention a windpad costs $600 O.o I mean seriously that is way out of the tablet sweetspot of $100-150

Leave a comment:

• libv
    replied
    Q: the most important reason why arm is so big these days is because it is hitting performance/watt that x86 cannot get even close to today. Top end performance is of course x86, but bottom end, where battery life matters, arm is unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• e8hffff
    replied
    When I buy a tablet it has to replace my phone, so I don't think I'll be buying a Spark as it doesn’t have a sim slot.

The good thing about this driver (lima) is that it should be able to modified to work with the next GFX chip in the mali-400 family coming in 2013 that is supposed to be massively faster.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Demo Of The Lima Driver On The KDE Spark Tablet

Demo Of The Lima Driver On The KDE Spark Tablet

Phoronix: Demo Of The Lima Driver On The KDE Spark Tablet

The recently announced KDE Spark Tablet has an ARM Mali 400 as its graphics processor, which right now is backed by a closed-source user-space driver but that's changing thanks to the Lima driver that's providing a reverse-engineered open-source ARM Mali driver. Here's a demo of the Lima driver's Limare stack running on the KDE Spark Tablet hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X