X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul_keeper
    replied
    I'm eagerly awaiting arm boards with sata, pcie, and standard ddr3 slots
    probably not things they care to target yet ...

usefull review, people ask for arm to be benchmarked often in forums around the web

Leave a comment:

• mattst88
    replied
    Something that should be noted (that I didn't see in the article) is that the OLPC XO 1.75 is running a soft-float ABI now, which will be replaced with a hard-float ABI hopefully soon. So, all the SciMark benchmarks are not representative of the hardware, since they're not performed using hardware floating point instructions.

Leave a comment:

• RussDill
    replied
    armel or armhf?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
    Do you honestly think that you would have much revenue from the people that use AdBlock if they didn't use it? Revenue comes from clicks, not views. The people that use AdBlock wouldn't click, so you would get no revenue from them regardless.
    You're incorrect, Phoronix is paid on an impression basis.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    And when there's so many non-Premium AdBlock'ers, those systems come from where?
    Do you honestly think that you would have much revenue from the people that use AdBlock if they didn't use it? Revenue comes from clicks, not views. The people that use AdBlock wouldn't click, so you would get no revenue from them regardless.

Leave a comment:

• aragon
    replied
    Originally posted by aragon View Post
    This was a great review, but it's of limited relevance without power consumption figures.
    I've been scouring the PandaBoard site and the FAQ suggests that this board spikes over 1.2A under heavy load, and their AC power supply suggestion is for 4A max current handling. These currents are at 5V.

So peak power consumption of around 10W would be my guess, FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
    What would be a fair comparison are the various small x86 boards (mainly VIA and Intel, perhaps Intel/ION)--they'll be cheaper (newegg has $60-80 without ION, ~ $120+ for the ION boards) and roughly similar hardware.
    And when there's so many non-Premium AdBlock'ers, those systems come from where?

Leave a comment:

• aragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
    It is possible to circumvent the issue with some laptops--at least on Thinkpads, you can set the BIOS to default to external display only.
    With some other laptops, you can switch the video to an external monitor. It still wouldn't be a perfect comparison, but it beats no numbers.
    Exactly.

This was a great review, but it's of limited relevance without power consumption figures.

Leave a comment:

• Ibidem
    replied
    I explained in the article why I didn't do power tests...
    (As well as why you don't like the graphics situation)

It is possible to circumvent the issue with some laptops--at least on Thinkpads, you can set the BIOS to default to external display only.
    With some other laptops, you can switch the video to an external monitor. It still wouldn't be a perfect comparison, but it beats no numbers.

What would be a fair comparison are the various small x86 boards (mainly VIA and Intel, perhaps Intel/ION)--they'll be cheaper (newegg has $60-80 without ION, ~ $120+ for the ION boards) and roughly similar hardware.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    I explained in the article why I didn't do power tests...
    after doing phoronix for all these years you should have learned that people just look at the pictures

Leave a comment:

Working...
X