X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Because the uptime doesn't have anything to do with anything either.
    My definition of buggy and unreliable includes frequent crashes.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    What's that got to do with anything?

Sure, I'd like my phone and laptop to require monthly charging, but since nobody has managed that feat yet, why bring it up?
    Because the uptime doesn't have anything to do with anything either.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    22 days on an android device? Sure it may stay up long, but have fun trying to get 22 days battery life on one...
    What's that got to do with anything?

Sure, I'd like my phone and laptop to require monthly charging, but since nobody has managed that feat yet, why bring it up?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    22 days on an android device? Sure it may stay up long, but have fun trying to get 22 days battery life on one...

Leave a comment:

• allquixotic
    replied
    That thing has amazing specs for a smartphone form factor! I'm totally last-generation with my brand new HTC Thunderbolt. Man, mobile moves way too fast for me. When Verizon puts a phone into production based on that platform, I'm gonna have to upgrade. I am a hopeless whore for high-end specs in a tiny device.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Great to start seeing some ARM tests!

Android however can die a horrible death; it's completely unreliable, buggy as hell, sucks battery, fragmented software market, zero usability testing whatsoever and all consumer/business consumer Android devices all have locked bootloaders.
    Hold your horses. Does this look fragmented to you? http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html

In case you can't read: that's 95.5% devices running Android 2.1+

FYI, my "completely unreliable, buggy as hell" OS currently has an uptime of 533h.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Link for such images?
    Nice to see you keep up to date with all the other non-Ubuntu distros

Which is found from the main gentoo website under the Get Gentoo link and then under arm stages

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    There are quite a few gentoo stage 3 images you can use and chroot straight into
    Link for such images?

Leave a comment:

• portets43
    replied
    wow

that's a pretty featurful phone. only thing missing is a 3d screen, but that can wait. glasses-free 3d screen technology isn't quite a clean experience yet anyway.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    There are quite a few gentoo stage 3 images you can use and chroot straight into

Leave a comment:

Working...
X