Burning Through Power: Linux Regressions Found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    That's because you talk in riddles Try writing in your native language and then translate with babelfish, maybe then people will understand you.

Das ist, weil du in R?tseln zu sprechen Versuchen Sie, in Ihrer Muttersprache und dann ?bersetzen mit babelfish, vielleicht dann werden die Menschen verstehen.
    your translator is just bullshit i can rewrite your german part then you will get the point:

"
    Das ist, weil du in R?tseln zu sprechen Versuchen Sie, in Ihrer Muttersprache und dann ?bersetzen mit babelfish, vielleicht dann werden die Menschen verstehen."

VS

"Dies ist so weil Sie in R?tseln sprechen jedoch Versuchen Sie doch in Ihrer Muttersprache zu schreiben um es dann mit einem automatisiertem ?bersetzungsprogramm zu ?bersetzen was den Menschen die chance gibt zu verstehen was Sie mitteilen wollten"

you get the point? your translation program just generate bullshit.

German is much more complex than a automatic translator can handle.

i try the google translator for you:

"This is so because you speak in riddles, but still try to write in your native language then translate it to an automated translation program that gives people the chance to understand what you wanted to communicate"

he translate it into bullshit... because you don't translate it into an automated translation program!

the german part means you USE an automated translation programm to translate the stuff.

and you DON't translate it into a programm.

German vs the Auto translator = FAIL
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Dein Deutsch ist aber keinesfalls fehlerfrei...

Please stop those pointless language fights, they are completely off-topic.

My gratitude for finding that regression, I could totally reproduce it using fedora 14/15 and scientific linux (with custom kernel).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        P.S. can anyone not running Ubuntu on Linux 2.6.38+ that thinks they're affected by the power regression paste their dmesg output?
        Arch with linux 2.6.39: http://pastebin.com/jd1u7EpS

Thanks for your hard work, Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by mistvieh View Post
          Dein Deutsch ist aber keinesfalls fehlerfrei...
          As a dyslexic, it's already a masterful performance to be better than goggles automated translation process
          Als Legastheniker ist es doch schon eine meisterhafte Leistung besser zu sein als der Automatisierte ?bersetzungsprozess von Google

And is noted that google spits out complete nonsense but my text contain only small errors.
          Zudem ist anzumerken dass google v?lligen schwachsinn ausspuckt und meine ausf?hrungen nur sch?nheitsfehler enthalten.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            German vs the Auto translator = FAIL
            Can you translate this for me my German friend? Google fails me here...

Comment

Michael's not doing anything wrong

He's under no obligation to go to the effort of finding any regressions at all. The reason he does so is money, which is the reason a lot of other people work on linux as well. So if he wants to maximize the revenue he can make, good for him. Every time he delays an article to maximize revenue he risks someone else coming along and scooping the story - if no one else is working on the problem or has figured it out, he can do whatever he wants.

Besides, lots of websites don't publish new articles during the weekend. They don't specifically mention that it's because they want higher ad revenue during the week, but I'm sure that's one of the reasons. Michael is just honest about it. And really, in the future he should stop that - all it ever does is bring up these arguments in the comments. No one would have said anything if he had just left it at "waiting to hear back from subsystem maintainer, will have news on Monday".

I would love more technical articles, interviews with developers, etc., but that's obviously not Michael's forte and the website is free. So none of us really have any right to complain - if you think the website sucks so much, just stop coming. That will reduce Michael's ad revenue anyway, which I'm sure is a much better way to incentivize him to change the website than complaining here.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Beware of Dog

Seriously, I couldn't get it all but the gist of it seems to be that Kandanos (the village ?) was / will be destroyed "in retribution for the brutal murder of" someone, probably a military officer. The sign mentioned an ambush but my German isn't good enough to tell the difference between something that did happen, could happen, or must *not* happen.
                Last edited by bridgman; 06-26-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Beware of Dog

Seriously, I couldn't get it all but the gist of it seems to be that Kandanos (the village ?) was destroyed in retribution for the brutal murder of what was probably a military officer.
                  no beware of dog is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Beware of Dog

Seriously, I couldn't get it all but the gist of it seems to be that Kandanos (the village ?) was / will be destroyed "in retribution for the brutal murder of" someone, probably a military officer. The sign mentioned an ambush but my German isn't good enough to tell the difference between something that did happen, could happen, or must *not* happen.
                    It's mostly correct. They destroyed the city because a paratroop platoon and a pioneer platoon were ambushed by armed men and women.

Comment

sure i can:

Remember the retaliation: Kandanos was destroyed because: armed (Greek) man and woman's murders 1 group of Paratrooper mans and 1 group of 'Military engineering' mans and they do this like beasts in an ambush (without honor).

sure this was really hard to translate because its very old german. modern german is easier to translate into english.

My grandpa was a Paratrooper in Greek. he was In the Wehrmacht special unit "Brandenburger" with the General Wilhelm Canaris.

the Greeks maybe fail here because the Brandenburger work for the Allied in espionage and saving jews,

because this unit was not faithful to Hitler this unit was the biggest group of the catholic espionage intelligence.

but you think Germans are evil right? but maybe they just kill allied friends.

Comment

Working...
                      X